Will Michael Jacksons Mom be DF'd ???

by tresdecu 44 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

There is a lot that goes on in families.... It could be that Sista Jackson is allowing her grandkids to celebrate it, which she can get away with, while not personally celebrating it.

A distinction without a difference, I know. Latoya to me is as reputable a source for the Jacksons that is out there, considering she is immediate family.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Taking the devil's advocate side, it IS possible for a celebrity or near-celebrity JW to be disfellowshipped. Two that I can recall (both of whom sadly went back in old age) were author Mickey Spillane and society Lawyer Hayden Covington.

They do, however, have to produce some kind of hate issue between themselves and somebody pretty important in the society. Spillane reportedly wrote another Mike Hammer novel after promising not to do any more (and I believe the legend says he pretty much told the society where to get off).

Covington was indeed quite a lush (on the same order as Rutherford himself, practically falling down drunk the time I met him - at a JW meeting), but the society knew all about this & put up with his drinking for many, many years. His great split was defending Cassius Clay/M. Ali on draft dodger charges.

Note that in many of these cases, the P.R. value of letting such a person back in is worth the society backing down on their values.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

And don't forget the legend that is Firpo Carr neithers. By all accounts he gets DFed and reinstated like a yo-yo.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Katherine Jackson sounds like she thinks a bit like my mother did. She has spent many long years of dedication to Jehovah and the WTS. When people like that get old, they feel like their relationship to Jehovah is real and intimately personal. She is probably a very intelligent woman and has a multi-layered personality that tries to accommodate all aspects of her complicated life.

She is a family woman through and through just like my mother was, and when my mother was faced with the disfellowshipping of my brothers and my own choice to intentionally fade, she never shunned any of us. She always said that she had taken it up with Jehovah and she knew in her heart that He did not expect that from a mother. She didn't make a big deal out of it and rub it in anybody's nose. She just quietly continued her service to Jehovah, but maintained her loving relationships within our family.

Katherine is confident enough in her relationship with Jehovah to let the chips fall where they may, imo.

• JWoods
    JWoods

oh, NOW I remember another rumor that got told about Mickey Spillane...he supposedly acted as the story consultant on the old Mike Hammer TV series that Stacey Keach played - and the WT people were pretty upset about it.

I think they let it slide, though.

• bjc2read
    bjc2read

Hello Madmary1,

You said:

I guess when you have money, even in the Watchtower land you can do whatever you want!!!

I have to agree with you. For a Jehovah's Witness to make such a blatant statement, that person must be confident that they can do what they want without any consequence to themselves. That is, they have enough money, influence, or friends to keep them safely in the organization. Most Jehovah's Witnesses would not announce to the world or to anyone, for that matter, if they plan to go against organizational policy without some strong back-up.

bjc

• jay-jay-
    jay-jay-

Hi all,

This is mind-blowing information!!!

You mean, Katherine Jackson is openly saying to the press, she is going to CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS, of her own free will???

Which is like a double-dog dare to the Watchtower Society, that they'd better not have anything to say about it, either???

And, the fact that her husband hasn't lived with her for over 10 years, soooooooo she is the "boss" of her household, the head of that household, as the "elders" in her congregation well know???

That means she makes all the decisions for that household, about everything going on in that household, right???

Wow!!!

I can't believe it!

Without a doubt, this proves "Money Rules" in the Watchtower Society, just like all of the other churches ... yep, its all about the money, how much you have and all. If you have enough $$$, you can do anything you want, including CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS and nobody says nothing about it!!!

This is monumentally big!

Thanks. I am most certainly going to "spread the word" about this recent news event on Katherine Jackson, and what she is able to do, with IMPUNITY in the Watchtower, because of her massive BANK ACCOUNT!

JJ

• blondie
    blondie

No, jay-jay, this is what the article said (see above)

Michael's sister La Toya, says, "We grew up as Jehovah's Witnesses and so didn't celebrate Christmas. But I think it's very important that Michael's children celebrate it, because that's what he did with them. I want them to continue to have that. I've spoken to my mother about Christmas and she said she will be celebrating."
  • jay-jay-
    jay-jay-

Hi Blondie,

You think that Katherine Jackson is NOT really going to "celebrate" Christmas? That maybe this is just a publicity stunt of some kind? Or, maybe her daughter is just speaking out of turn here? That, Ms. Jackson never really said this?

I'm confused.

JJ

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit