November 15 Watchtower (Study Edition) - discourages showing affection to your spouse

by CrazyBlonde 121 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully

wha happened? writes:

ok next time I go to a meeting, I'm dry humping my wife during prayer

My prediction:

TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS:

According to our Bethel Internet Monitors, the apostate known as wha happened? has plans to "dry hump" his wife during prayer at the meeting. Subversive activity of this nature needs to be stopped, and an example needs to be made of the person (or persons) engaging in this blasphemous behaviour. When this behaviour is witnessed (unfortunately, this will mean that you brothers will have to monitor your congregations during prayers, because we aren't going to pay for security cameras to be installed in the Kingdom Halls to facilitate this witch hunt keeping the congregation clean, although you are welcome to finance such an expense independently) the individuals involved are to be invited to a Judicial Committee meeting IMMEDIATELY following the prayer, and summarily disfellowshipped, with the announcement made before anyone leaves the building. Although we live in a land where the laws of Caesar forbid us to carry out theocratic justice by stoning or other forms of execution, this is the best solution we have for the time being.

Warm Christian Love,

Your Brothers,

The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society

• sir82
    sir82
    Ummmmm.... How would you know if someone is holding hands during a prayer????
    Shouldn't your eyes be closed????

Exactly!

I remember one occasion where one elder was "counseling" another about having his eyes open during a prayer.

Er, how exactly did the "counselor" know that, unless his eyes were open too?

Oh, and by the way, this is just another brick in the wall, as if more were needed, giving proof of the increasinglt pharisaical nature of the org.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

i am more offended by explicit descriptions on how to masturbate and perform oral sex acts, read out in front of parents who probably dont want their young children hearing this.

HB

• blondie
    blondie

Holding Hands Discussed in the WT publications: never once is a married couple holding hands during prayer discussed. Only time is if at a home where the one giving the prayer before the meal is not a jw (or "qualified" to give a prayer). There a couple of places though were married persons are encouraged to hold hands and men to hold hands with men.

*** w04 12/15 p. 25 Graduation Day—A Beautiful Day ***"Become All Things to People of All Sorts" was the theme highlighted in the interviews conducted next by Samuel Roberson, who is an instructor at Patterson. He interviewed four Branch Committee members, from Senegal, Guam, Liberia, and Madagascar. A total of 170 missionaries serve in these lands. The graduating students learned from the comments how Branch Committees help new missionaries to adapt to their assignments. That often means learning customs that might seem unusual by Western standards. For example, in some lands it is very common to see men, including those in the Christian congregation, holding hands as friends while they walk together.

*** w98 10/1 p. 19 Local Cultures and Christian Principles—Are They Compatible? ***STEPHEN, a Witness from Northern Europe, was assigned as a missionary to an African country. While strolling through town with a local brother, he was startled when the brother took hold of his hand.

The thought of walking down a busy street holding hands with another man was shocking to Stephen. In his culture such a custom has homosexual connotations. (Romans 1:27) Nevertheless, to the African brother, holding hands was purely a gesture of friendship. The rejection of the hand would signify a rejection of the friendship.

What if a custom does not please us? Should it automatically be rejected? Not necessarily. The custom of males holding hands, mentioned earlier, was perfectly acceptable in that particular African community. When the missionary noticed that other men were walking around holding hands, he felt more at ease.

*** w93 2/15 p. 12 par. 2 "Let Marriage Be Honorable Among All" ***A wife, married for 31 years, stated: "Holding hands and doing fun things to keep the romance between us has always been a priority." And that is an additional aspect of communication.

*** w83 6/1 p. 13 Keep Your Marriage Honorable ***

How is your communication

(5) How frequently do you hold hands or touch each other, other than during sexual relations?

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Great post Blondie!!!!

This may be "far out", but perhaps the next Kingdom Hall builds will have separate prayer areas for men and women (like a mosque)? LOL.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Not to get weird, but would the next logical step be to tell parents not to hold their child during a song or prayer?

That might be viewed the wrong way, also.

My point is that the ones who are "stumbled" by such things as holding hands are the ones with a problem.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

What a load of rubbish. Now married couples can't hold hands? Dear oh dear. Why are they being so picky? It's getting ridiculous.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Awsnap, yes you're right. I hadn't thought of that. So this article will only be given to publishers (study edition), not people on the doors.

Wow, can you imagine a person at the doors reading this? They would think it's crap and that JW's are messed up!

I'm quite annoyed by this article. Elders, pioneers, everyone in my area embraces during the prayer. I guess it makes them feel closer together, bonding etc. And if people don't want to see it, then they should keep their eyes SHUT! Lol...

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Since the society condemns romantic conduct between two individuals, does this mean that it would be ok to masturbate during a public prayer?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Where there is God, there is Love, where there is love there is affection and acts of affection.

Where there is no God, there is no love and where there is no love, there are no acts of affection.

I love my wife dearly and I show it and tell her ever chance I get because that may be the last chance I get to show her and tell her.

No one tells me how and when to express my love to my wife or children, EVER.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit