November 15 Watchtower (Study Edition) - discourages showing affection to your spouse

by CrazyBlonde 121 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
  • JeffT
    JeffT

For instance, suppose someone sought to have all in a group link arms or hold hands during prayer. This might offend or distract some, including visitors who do not share our beliefs.

Somebody that would be offended by this probably won't be at the kingdom hall in the first place. I've been to AA meetings where everybody from Christians, to Jews, to Buddhists, to confirmed atheists have held hands when we close with the Lord's prayer.

I've seen all sorts of group things at Christian churches, and NO one would ever take it upon themselves to tell a married couple not to hold hands during a prayer.

The critical factor is most other people are not nearly as hung up on this $hit as the average JW.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

BORG HATER loving your style.

So is this latest "suggestion" down to 'complaints' ? How many people would verbally draw attention to this to elders / co's etc ? Have complaints like this actually reached the society's headquarters ? Does it require column inches in the WT mag ? Surely not ! Ok, it can only be brother, sister single, or brother anorak, the star trek fan, brother...... 'I still live with mum', or bro / sis. ...'I so want a bit of that , but I've sacrificed having a normal life to slave for the org. till the day I die,or till Armageddon comes', or those who bear a striking resemblence to Shrek or who have a face like a melted welly. Jealous of other peoples love and affection perhaps......?

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Holy crazy!

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard them 'say'... although, now that I really think about it... Um... no, not really... there's been worse...

*shrugs*

Honestly, who writes this stuff anyhow... monkeys on dope?

J

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

c c c c c c c c c c cult! Sorry for the stutter, I am still amazed at what I just read!!

Mattieu

• Gayle
    Gayle

How they add to scripture, make extra rules all the time.

• flipper
    flipper

IKNOWALL- Good point you make when you said, " Jealous of other peoples love and affection perhaps ? " It seems the WT society has never wanted it's members to value marriages, family relationships, or love our children more than the WT society. So it's just another form of control the WTS exerts over it's members. No hugging your spouse during prayers ? I mean come on. They are ridiculous

• Scully
    Scully

Welcome to Stepford.

• Farkel
    Farkel

I suppose "copping a feel" during prayer is out-of-the-question then.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit