Proof texts that Jesus was, and is, God. Any ideas?

by jonathan dough 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Nark

Would you find me a loving person, if I "loved" (rewarded) someone who severely wronged or injured you without a very good reason?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

DD,

In Matthew Jesus makes it clear that loving those that love is is no "big deal", everyone does that, Jesus sets a higher ideal for Christians: Love those that hate and wrong us.

Now, THAT'S WORK !

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

That's a little different. Now you need to define what you mean by "love" or what you think God means by "love". I believe this is where Nark and I are disagreeing. We would probably all define and apply it differently.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I think Matthew 25: 34-46 shows excellent examples of works of love and 1Corinthinas 13 shows what love should be look at as and how vital it is.

To define OUR love is hard enough, to define GOD's love is impossible.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

PS

What about Matthew Chapter 23? Wasn't that loving?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Matthew 23, the 7 woes ??

Well, I guess that can be viewed as tough love, LOL !

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Try to imagine what their rejection means to you. What that means for believers today.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    Would you find me a loving person, if I "loved" (rewarded) someone who severely wronged or injured you without a very good reason?

Ask Stephen about Saul (by Acts 7--8).

Again (because we had practically the same discussion a few days ago) I find this question inconsistent with your (Calvinist) belief -- in sum, that everyone is condemned and God freely justifies and saves whomever he pleases. What anybody thinks of that is irrelevant, isn't it?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Nark

Again (because we had practically the same discussion a few days ago) I find this question inconsistent with your (Calvinist) belief -- in sum, that everyone is condemned and God freely justifies and saves whomever he pleases. What anybody thinks of that is irrelevant, isn't it?

I'm glad to see you,ve come over to my side

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit