Hello All!

by ihunt 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Hi there ihunt!
  • ihunt
    ihunt
    Giordano- its awfully funny you mention the hair, I started growing it out as soon as I stopped attending meetings ha. The fact that women are never allowed to lead in the congregation was also something that struck me from a young age as being incorrect- seeing that there are female prophets in the Bible, it never made much sense.
    Kairos- I was never present for such a discussion, but I'm sure it happened at some point. At the same time, I don't think my father ever educated himself about Jehovah's Witnesses' control structure or about their doctrine, and its awful difficult to convince someone that their beliefs are incorrect when you are completely ignorant to their stance.
  • karter
    karter

Welcome look forward to hearing more from you.

karter.

• millie210
    millie210
    Hi and welcome to you ihunt!
  • whathappened
    whathappened
    Welcome!
  • SAHS
    SAHS
    [accidental double post]

• SAHS
    SAHS

“ihunt”: “I don't think my father ever educated himself about Jehovah's Witnesses' control structure or about their doctrine, and its awful difficult to convince someone that their beliefs are incorrect when you are completely ignorant to their stance.”

Hi, “ihunt,” and welcome to the board! It’s always good to see so many more and more folks like yourself waking up and daring to poke their head out of the little prison of the Watchtower organization/corporation.

It would be great if you could educate your father in the many hangups and dangers of the Jehovah’s Witness “religion” without your JW mother even knowing. People in general – including most JWs themselves, by far – are unaware of the real facts and history of the Watchtower. If you could somehow show your father some of the things you have discovered about the WT corruption and obvious falsehoods and have him agree that he not let your mother know that it was you who showed those things about the WT to him, then maybe you could have a powerful ally in your father as someone who could bring those things to your mother’s attention. You could have him tell your mother that he just happened to come across such information completely by himself and that you had nothing to do with it. That way, perhaps your mother could be introduced to some important and eye-opening things regarding the real truth about the WT (the truth about the truth, or “TTATT” as we say) but you still wouldn’t get into any kind of trouble because your mother would just think that your father just decided to do his own research about the WT organization completely on his own.

And, of course, if your mother eventually did start to wake up, start researching and questioning herself, and decide to fade away from and leave the WT “religion,” then you would be completely in the clear and free – along with both your parents! Now, that would be the sweetest outcome of all. You never know. It’s definitely worth a shot. You could have your cake and eat it too, so to speak, if you play your cards right and everything works out right.

Take care, and the very best of luck to you. Having one parent already not in the cult, you’re completely half lucky already.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit