Is there an honest way to make a living online?

by AK - Jeff 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Yeah, definitely avoid MLMs. And be careful: some MLMs lie and claim they are something else. Mary Kay, for example, insists they are not an MLM but rather a "dual marketing" business. Bullshit, they are an MLM.

MLMs are bad -- an absurdly high number of people (like 99%) never make anything. The few that are successful do it by taking advantage of the people below them. They are a barely legal pyramid scheme.

The suggestion to not do anything if it requires money up front is a good one. Legit business opportunities don't ask for money. Almost all MLMs require you to spend money up front to build up an "inventory."

• badboy
    badboy

I make a small income from blogging

• metatron
    metatron

I would recommend becoming a registered nurse. They're always in demand.

metatron

• betterdaze
  • CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

If you can write, and write fairly well, and LIKE it, there are tons of jobs on the net. I do freelance writing for Demand Studios, Associated Content and Textbroker. The pay averages about 8-10.00 an hour, depending on my energy level for the day and what I choose to write from.

I also ghost for anyone who needs anything written. I will be soon doing an autobiography of a blind horse trainer. Should be fun.

There are truly numerous opportunities working at home from the computer that are not scams. Who do you think takes those orders for infomercials? How about your cell phone customer service, and 1-800 FLOWERS. Some airlines are going to home agants. Customer Service reps are in high demand and pay nicely and all you do is commit to sitting at your computer and have a noise free environment, wear a headset and deal with the phone all day. I am too tired to look, but I know of a few sites that have an enormous listing of REAL work at home jobs. I will look tomorrow morning for the links.

Just a few now: www.sohojobs.com Yes, you pay fee for the service, after all, the owner takes lots of time gathering her leads and when she posts them, they are hiring then. Have a resume ready. These jobs are all homebased: admistrative assistans, research, paralegal, real estate, graphics, customer service and so much more. It is well worth the 25.00 or 30.00 bucks to have access for a few months.

www.wahm.com. Check it out. Free and full of opportunities. I go ther looking for writing gigs.

www.wplh.com (Work Place Like Home) Same kinda deal. Have fun. Great people. Lots leads and new ones every day.

Working from home is fast, and I mean fast.... becoming the way we work. No go have fun. I'll see if I can get that other link I promised on here tomorrow when I am more alive.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

You can get free business cards and postcards at www.vistaprint.com and only pay $5 or $6 fo shipping. I've used them deveral times for both, and they do a great job.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

If she is the crafty type, she could try marketing her crafts at Etsy. I know of several people who have online businesses doing that.

If she is open to something that is not online, she could consider before and after school care for school age children. She could even combine that with an online endeavor.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hi Jeff, My wife make a living from selling stuff on ebay. She buys at auction and sells on ebay. She makes between £900 - £1500 per month.

• freeintime
  • Hortensia
    Hortensia

CrimsonBleu!!! Me, too. I wrote for Demand Studios for a couple of years, made most of my living that way. I don't any more since they changed their structure, but I write blogs for anyone who needs a writer, and I write books. I have a publisher but I also self-publish.

It's harder to find the writing jobs online nowadays, but they are still there. If you like to write, you can find some work. You can also make some extra $$$ selling on ebay, as other folks have said. Spend some time researching stuff you want to sell, so you understand their worth and don't lose money instead of making it.

Aida

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit