No pain in paradise?

by Hikaru 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello Hikaru,

Answers about love and relationships here Matthew 22:30 Mark 12:25

Here's an interesting verse for you

Revelation 7:17 (New International Version)

17 For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd;
    he will lead them to springs of living water.
    And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."

Why is Jesus "at the center of the throne"? I though God was sitting on the throne?

Or this one

Revelation 21:4-5 (New International Version)

4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

5 He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

So who is on the throne?

Revelation 21:6 (New International Version)

6 He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.

Here's the answer Revelation 22:12-17 All the best, Stephen

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

You are correct to identify it as an impossible situation.

On the physical side, we used to discuss how there would be no physical pain in the New System. But as mentioned already, if you touch a hot stove you need to feel pain to prevent being burnt. The answers we would come up with were that being perfect we would not touch a stove, or that angels would protect us from doing injurious things. What a fantasy world we lived in. Why would God create nerves if we did not need them to feel pain?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Paradise started back in 76 after the big A.

It is and was as make believe and Immaginary as the big A.

So if you want to immagine you need pain go for it.

If you want no pain thats cool to.

The thing is You need to start enjoying the current paradise before they throw another big

A and screw this one up.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They claim that all physical and mental disorders will be gone in the New Dark Ages.

However, I don't see how that is possible. What happens if they allow only 3 or 4 hours of sleep per night and Jehovah decides to keep the true need at 8 hours per night to test if people will be faithful? That is going to hinder, not assist, progress toward physical perfection (and I can see that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag doing just that). Who is going to have time to grow and produce good food if everyone is busy trying to educate those who are resurrected and build crap houses for them to live in (a house a day will be expected)? And what about infrastructure--there is going to be need to dispose of refuse of various kinds (so it can be recycled as compost), and if there is no infrastructure, wastes of various kinds are only going to pile up and be health hazards (and breed flies and other bugs).

And, if everything anyone does is what they are told to, that is going to create and aggravate mental problems. I cannot see how people are going to be free to do any independent thinking (even now, they are told not to) in the New Dark Ages. That means that everything they do, someone needs to tell them to. That in turn diminishes the value of human life, effectively to zero. That is not going to remove emotional pain--in fact, the resulting stagnation will result in more kick crimes, adultery, drug abuse, junk food abuse, and risk taking behavior that we see today. All of which will only temporarily relieve the situation, at the expense of creating more trouble down the road--while the underlying stagnation is still there. Thus, their claim is going to be bust.

• blondie
    blondie

*** it-2 p. 567 Pain ***

No More Pain.’Although unpleasant, the physical sensation of pain serves a beneficial purpose by alerting a person to danger regarding bodily damage and thereby enables him to take steps to avoid serious injury. The fulfillment of God’s promise that "neither will . . . pain be anymore" (Re 21:4), therefore, could not mean that humans would become insensitive to or incapable of experiencing pain. Rather, mental, emotional, and physical pain that has resulted from sin and imperfection (Ro 8:21, 22) will ‘be no more’ in the sense that its causes (such as disease and death) will be removed. That bodily perfection does not of itself require absolute painlessness is verified by the fact that even the perfect man Jesus experienced physical and emotional pain in connection with his death and the unresponsiveness of those to whom he ministered. (Mt 26:37; Lu 19:41) It was even foretold that he would be "a man meant for pains." (Isa 53:3) By curing those "distressed with various diseases and torments" (Mt 4:24), Jesus bore the pains of others.—Isa 53:4.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit