2014 Watchtower Publisher Statistics

by jwfacts 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

@nugget. Just to clarify that the family head has always been able to count a study and an hour a week for family study, even before the family worship move.  They do push it more now but it always was there. 

@jwfacts. I love this breakdown. The org loves their headline figures and it's all about hours now simply because all the others show poorer ratios than in previous years.  The push to use carts will drive hours up but drive the ratios down even further.  The WTS just bank on no one doing the maths. Thanks for having the figures so visible.

@brokeback  I have never seen anything that suggests the WTS has a higher proportion of pedos than anywhere else in society. I don't think your suggestion of 1 per 3 or 4 congs is unreasonable but would hesitate to conclude that there is active abuse to that level. As Simon has recently  pointed out constant exaggeration of the scale of abuse with no evidence does little to promote the real issue which is how WTS procedures give room for abuse, where it happens, to continue unchecked and to potentially expose children to perpetrators without any real safeguards.  I get the hyperbole but I am fully with Simon on the value of this type of repetitive message. 

• nugget
    nugget
    ty for the clarification I know that family heads are being encouraged to report the time they spend on family worship more now than before.  I know that our elders assumed that family studies took place but were not always reported when the new arrangement came in family heads especially those reaching out were reminded of the need to report.. Since family worship is an extra meeting and should take place weekly there is nowhere to hide. If you don't report are you doing family worship with your children.
  • Achille

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit