2014 Watchtower Publisher Statistics

by jwfacts 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla
    275,581 for baptism, is this worldwide?!
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts
    Carla- yes that is the global figure. It is about 3.4% of the total number, but due to the high amount that leaves growth is only 2.2%. 
  • nugget
    nugget

Bible studies have been redefined by the society so many times. When we left they were talking about door step bible studies which in effect were return visits which may last for a few minutes. Family worship night also means that heads of the household can count this as a study. 

In theory this should have led to a greater ratio of studies to baptisms since the family worship night was counted as 1 study even if more than one child was present. 

The teaching is becoming less effective  and the message less palatable. 

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss
    A lot of the bible studies are children of dubs.    I would love to know how many in the US that weren't born ins get baptized.    
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    The number of hours to get one baptized doesnt seem to add up for me. The total number of hours keeps getting much higher and their having to change the reporting to make it as though thier still productive.  So to have the hours to get one baptized only to be a bit higher then the last couple of years leaves me wondering. 
  • jwfacts
  • StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    Don't you find it strange that the reported average hours per publisher is 20.6 hours per month?
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I'm sure these graphs prove how utterly a waste of time the WT corporation's business model is towards future growth. They need to just stick to real estate flipping and get out of the spiritual education business because they are absolute failures in anything having to do with education. The Kingdom halls are over flowing with pedofiles and not a safe place to bring your children according to all the latest news.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    @jwfacts-  nice breakdowns and graphs. Im especially interested in the number that stopped publishing.  That figure has a lot of room to be variable and im not sure how to account for some of if.  For example, a person stops publishing (or becomes inactive in witness parlance) after six months of not reporting time.  That dosent make them gone forever.  If they report time once they become an active publisher again. However they also can easily fall into inactivity after another six months.  The reason i bring this up is that there was a specific and intense effort during 2014 when the CO came round to get inactive ones to report time.  The record cards were combed and inactive ones called on to push them to come to meeting and report time.  This may actually mean that six months or so from now there will be a drop off as these "reactivated" ones fade into inactivity again. It may well be the news is worse than we can even dicern from the report itself.  It may take next years report coupled with this years to see how that trend plays out
  • leaving_quietly
    leaving_quietly

Another interesting statistic is the number of congregations. It is also steadily declining in growth.

2011-2012, an additional 2316

2012-2013, an additional 2104

2013-2014, an additional 1593

I'm curious about what warrants these additional congregations in the first place. With 275,581 baptized, this amounts to an average of 2.38 additional publishers per congregation (using the 2014 number of congregations, or 2.42 using the 2013 number of congregations). This certainly isn't enough to warrant all these new congregations. It's not as if large numbers of people are being converted in a local area to the point where new congregations are being formed purely out of new converts.

My speculation is that these are smaller language groups that were formed in years past and that now have been converted over to actual congregations. Other than that, I can't really account for the additional congregations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit