Debunking the WTS view of apostasy

by Awakened at Gilead 49 Replies latest watchtower bible

• reniaa
    reniaa

My original point stands giliead is trying to say

John is a liar

Peter lies but isn't a liar because he isn't john.

the word apostate is a word used by the bible writers to talk of people that have withdrawn from following God's true religion and set themselves up in opposition.

If you are arguing that Jw's are not God's people therefore you cannot be apostate to them that is another debate and not one on apostasy.

Like I said giliead showed the the flaw in his own argument by showing the reference in the greek scriptures that show apostasy can be refered more than to just jews and it predicted apostasy will come with the man of lawlessness towards God's people.

Once you accept that the bible allows for their to be apostates to Gods people after jews then giliead debate is flawed.

Reniaa

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

"the word apostate is a word used by the bible writers to talk of people that have withdrawn from following God's true religion and set themselves up in opposition."

prove then that the witchtower is the true religion

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Reniaa, the WTS specifically explains that the apostasy referred to in Thesalonians is talking about the clergy of Christendom that developed in the years following the death of the apostles.

I am not a member of the clergy of Christendom. Therefore, how could I be an apostate, using Biblical definitions alone? The point of the video is that the Society claims that the Bible is clear about apostates, yet there is no scriptural support.

Also, if you use the argument that an apostate is by definition, someone who leaves their religion, then you could say that JWs are in the apostate making business. JWs go from door to door seeking to make people leave their religion. Thus they are making apostates out of people. My parents, thus are apostates, as Paul was, as they left their native Judaism to become JWs.

Thanks to everyone else for the feedback and encouragement.

A@G

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Thank you A@G. What is next on the agenda s far as vidoes?

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Next video will look at the "GB" concept, both Biblically (umm, it's not there) and from what we were taught in Gilead.

Then on to discussing chronology - 1919, 1914, 1932-38-44, and then to the Prophetic paralells taught in Gilead.

After that, I will be creating some videos that are critical of the Bible itself, by presenting Bible accounts from a modern standpoint, demonstrating the barbarity of the Bible and why I don't think that a loving God would be begind it (see my previous thread where I satirized David's killing of the Philistines and then cut off their foreskins for a sample of the genre).

A@G

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

Awakened at Gilead,

Excellent videos! I look forward to seeing more.

As far as apostacy goes, wouldn't Jesus have fit the OT definition of an apostate too? And what about Rutherford? C.T. Russells followers are still around today, so wouldn't Rutherford be considered an apostate, by the JW's modern interpretation of apostacy? He really was the one who founded the JW's, not Russell.

Keep up the great work.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Nice job! You stuck to facts, the scriptures and WT quotes with sound reasoning.

Since I grew up as a JW, I could be considered an "apostate" - departing from their beliefs. Yet, I have always considered myself a Christian and still do. Therefore, I am not an apostate from Christianity!

• flipper
    flipper

AWAKENED- Nice job as always ! I admire the methods you are using via these U-tubes to wake people up to the lies of the WT society ! Way to go

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes
    issacaustin
    Research Lady, Is there a verse in Psalms or Proverbs where the NWT insert the word apostate? The verse says something like "An apostate by his words brings down his brother.." whereas it should say reviler? Can you find this for me?

I'm not the Research lady but, is this the scripture you were referring to

• Frank75
    Frank75

Awakewned makes some excellent points on the JW voodoo word "Apostate".

Apostates are said to be Liars, deceptive, and vengeful, ie "evil slave" w87 7/1p.22par.8 and are out to get loyal JW's. One article some years back described the apostates "methods" such as handing out leaflets, placarding meetings and assemblies and more. Yet all of these "methods" had been and some still are employed by the Witnesses.

Yet the word simply means to leave or repudiate ones former faith or beliefs. Some apostates by that definition could very well be Liars, deceptive and vengeful, but certainly not all would be. To say so would be ridiculous and yet the WT does just that.

To blindly defend the WT position on Apostasy here is to ignore the very points that Awakened makes. Paul was called Apostate, so were Jews who simply left Judaism and naturally many JW's today had to "apostatize" from their former belief systems and religions. The word does not make them Liars, evil etc!

I would like to point out that 2 people singled out in WT publications as "apostate" from the bible were Hy·me·nae´us and Phi·le´tus. (The word is not used in the bible passage, but the connection is made by WT dozens of times ie w04 2/15p.28 )

Paul described these men to Timothy as "These very [men] have deviated from the truth, saying that the resurrection has already occurred; and they are subverting the faith of some". (2 Tim 2:18)

Any outside or inside WT observer can recognise that JW's and their leaders teach the Resurrection has "ALREADY" occurred just like Hymanaeus and Philetus did. Firstly they teach that it started soon after 1914 and that it happens every time an "anointed" partaker dies right up until the present.

Frank75

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit