Debunking the WTS view of apostasy

by Awakened at Gilead 49 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Just created a new video that uses the Bible to show how JW's claims about apostates lack biblical basis.

Your comments are welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eG219nkIrE

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Well stated, clear, and accurate.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I will have to watch it later, but thanks for posting.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Bravo, Great job.

Name calling has been around for centuries it's too bad so many are deceived by it.

LD

• Balsam
    Balsam

Wow outstanding arguement, thanks for that I'll share it around. Looks like you've got a few others I need to listen too. Good challenge to WTS reasoning.

Ruth

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I really liked this video, commented and favorited!!!

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi awakenned

I just watched your video the implication that apostasy refers only to Jews by you I think is misleading since the use of it to show christians will have to deal with apostasy even though it is only once blows that argument out of the water. As well as a fact that it would be like saying

John is a liar

Peter lies but he isn't a liar because he isn't John.

Apostasy is a term to apply an action like lying is so cannot be limited to one group or person by implication so apostasy can be applied to anyone that apostasises like lying can be applied to anyone that lies.

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

You missed the whole point Reniaa...or chose to miss it. The WT claims that the Bible speaks very strongly of those who apostatiize from the JW religion. @G sgowed that the OT verses all speak of apostatizing from Judiaism. There are 2 NT verses containing that word. Acts 21 speaks of apostasy from the Law. The speaks of apostsy but according to the WT interpretation of that verse, this is the supposed great apostasy that occurred after the death of the apostles...this being the case it could not possibly be referring to apostasy from the WT since that did not come into being until the late 1800's- Russell supposedly fixing, restoring the 'grand truths' muddied from that suppposed great apostasy.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Hi isaac

You like gilead are limiting apostasy deliberately to not include witnesses saying people are apostates to their religion but then christendom throughout the centuries uses apostasy for people that do not conform to trinitarian doctrine of a triune god.

it simply means withdrawing with regards to your religion putting yourself in opposition to it in origin and apostate is an adjective of someone who does this. You and gilead are trying to make a universal word into one that can only be applied to jews.

What you are really saying is nothing to do with the word apostasy but instead saying Jehovah's witness aren't God's people therefore you cannot be apostates to them but this is not really applying apostate at all but poisoning there basis for having apostates and so another subject. Jw's would argue trinitarians were the original apostates putting thier triune God above the bible and Jw's are just returning to being followers of YHWH and his son accurately as the first century christians did.

Reniaa

• besty
    besty

My mum apostasized from the religion of her birth to become a Jehovah's Witness.

She is now shunning me for exercising the same freedom she enjoyed.

Can you spell d-o-u-b-l-e-s-t-a-n-d-a-r-d-s

EDIT - sorry forgot to mention: double standards are OK when you have a voice from outer space in your head that says he is God and you are his chosen one to represent him on earth. You have a free hand then to exercise as many double standards as you like. Many have done just that over the millenia and many will continue - JWs are but one sad little example.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit