Do The Magazines Suggest Organizational Decay?

by metatron 15 Replies latest jw friends

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

We need to remember what the purpose of the Watch Tower Society is; to announce Jehovah's Kingdom. They believe that kingdom arrived in 1914. Why on earth would they want to remind people of that, nearly 100 years after the event?

Also, the Watch Tower Society has chosen to eschew much of what the Bible teaches about Christ and the Holy Spirit and the effect a relationship with has on your life. So, they can't fill the magazine with stuff like that.

They're pretty much stuck pedaling the same eschatological nonsense that's been embarrassing them for decades.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

Sure they do...it is obvious that JW's started to get tired from WT's crap. They want to have a lfe and be NORMAL like the rest of the world. I guess that is why the old fools in Brooklyn they know that their era as a "organization" is coming to end

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Wow, the WTS finally caught up with how the kids feel. Perhaps Brooklyn is reading all of the apostate books, "I'm Perfect You're Doomed" or "The Truth Book", etc; all that detail how the average JW children feel.

Also, the WTS undoubtedly saw the Pew report on religion, where the JWs have the highest percentage of children LEAVING the religion.

So, the WTS answer is to tell the kids not to be ashamed. But, the WTS misses the point; as long as Mother Organization is a deeply flawed cult, the kids are ashamed. Kids understand more than we give them credit to.

• designs
    designs

Other End Times focused religions changed and set education and social ministries as worthy goals, like the SDA.

I doubt the Society will make such a change, the newer GB are pretty republican.

• carla
    carla

UBM is an unbelieving mate be it a former jw or never been jw.

Told them I was Jewish- haha, did your parents ever find out you said that?

"but i frikkin love this!!!.."why am i afraid to share my faith?".........cause i hate feelin like a freak!!!!

and some may kick my asssssss" -- sums it up to me!

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Yep, why be ashamed, YPA Vol I tells a kid not to hold hands, embrace or kiss until they find a person they intend to marry, no proms or dances, I guess marching band is out since you could not play the national anthem of what ever country you are in, excusing oneself from birthday celebrations, not being able to go to the Y.........sure sounds like a normal teen life to me.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit