Do The Magazines Suggest Organizational Decay?

by metatron 15 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

July 2009 Awake: "Why am I afraid to share my faith?" This article assumes that Jehovah's Witness children are ashamed of their faith!

It says "Define your fears" and "Accept the challenge". I am aware that the Society has had articles in the past that encouraged Witness kids to share or defend their faith but this goes further by presuming that these kids don't want anyone to know they are Witnesses or talk about it.

How can they conceive of any future for this organization when their youth are ashamed of this cult?

But wait, that's not all!

Let's look at something becoming rather peculiar about some recent Watchtower publications: difficulty in filling pages! I have noticed how the Society changes font size in the Kingdom Ministry apparently to fill the page! Since the Kingdom Ministry has so little of any depth to say, beyond a "Dick and Jane At The Beach" reading level, I am not surprized to see that they need to be imaginative to fill out their pages.

And the July 1 Watchtower follows a similar pattern. Remember, this is the public Watchtower, their primary voice to non-Witnesses. The back page has a few questions oddly set on a blank blue background. The magazine a full page and 2/3 of graphics about Bethel with no text. The first 8 pages is nothing more than an advertisement for their "What Does the Bible Really Teach?" book. Nothing else to teach? Nothing more important than a self referenced advertisement? No answers for the Devil "who accuses our brothers day and night"?

They don't know what to say..... and are losing the next generation of Witnesses.... who are embarrassed to be identified as such.

metatron

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

The August OKMs first and second week further support this, with the first week reaching out to school age kids and then week two reaching out to men in general. Seems like no longer enough men for leadership roles in the organization, so appeal to the UBMs....most UBMs such as myself are the UB part for a reason!!!

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Back in the 60 s I told every one I was Jewish in school. If the Wachtower wants teenagerss to be proud they are JWs they need to be honest and not so F**n weird.

Like show up on Xmas day on your freinds door step with a suit and tie. WTF

Or during a birthday in a classroom you had to go to the office.

Or sitting down during the national atham.

Or your father writing on your white gym shoes Exodus 20:15.

Or every new teacher you had to explain you were a JW. (and not stand up for the National Athem)

Shall I go on!

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Jewish, green hornet? LMFAO!

They can count me as one of the men who lost interest in reaching out in the congregation after seeing my dad waste all his free time doing it.

Did not look appealing to me!

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

There was a large Jewish population back then. My freind asked me why I got nothing for Xmas I said I was a Jew.

Do you want me to write on you white shoes?

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

The August OKMs first and second week further support this, with the first week reaching out to school age kids and then week two reaching out to men in general. Seems like no longer enough men for leadership roles in the organization, so appeal to the UBMs....most UBMs such as myself are the UB part for a reason!!!

What is a OKMs and what is a UBMs.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Do The Magazines Suggest Organizational Decay?

They suggest decaying organs. Have you seen what the GB looks like lately? Start digging.

BTS

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Our Kingdom Misery Ministry

UnBaptised Mate

• oompa
    oompa

i was ahead of my time i guess.....i was ashamed in third grade and i was born in the early sixties......i never fit in........oompa

but i frikkin love this!!!.."why am i afraid to share my faith?".........cause i hate feelin like a freak!!!!

and some may kick my asssssss

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Why would people be ashamed to be part of an organization that protects pedophiles (after 11/21/2007, many people in mainstream society heard about that) and may have had a share in killing Michael Jackson? Or, one that teaches doctrines that blatantly contradict science and then demands its adherents to believe those doctrines instead of science (one of the hallmarks of the Dark Ages that they are trying to set up)?

Or, when everyone else got to go to Grandma's for Christmas and you didn't. Doesn't that make you happy? Or, when you get back to school after Christmas and hear about what new goodies everyone else got for Christmas, and you got nothing (not even a lump of coal)? Or seeing all your friends playing in the snow with their new snow toys while you are dragged out in field circus? What a great way to instill the kind of joy that makes children want to proclaim the religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit