Do you remember SPECIFIC CONVERSATIONS with householders from the field ministry?

by BonaFide 11 Replies latest jw friends

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

shamus...you sure you weren't working with old "Brother Miller"?...bachelor farmer in the midwest....that used to do the same damn thing? LOL

bonafide........funny you mention this......my GF Toni specifically remembers me hitting her family's door back in the mid 80s when she still lived at home. I recall working the street and even the house she used to live in (she showed me)...but I have no specific recollection of her there.....and yet she still loves me and doesn't hold the intrusion against me........LOL

Snakes ()

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

My mom and myself were going door-to-door in the Denver area. We came to a home with toys strewn about the front lawn. I knocked on the door and woman of the home answered. I proceeded with my presentation. She held up her hand, and said that she appreciated what I was doing, but that she did not agree with the JWs. She then said something that exploded my JW defenses. She said, "You only believe and do what your Governing Body tells you to do." It's amazing that something that inocuous (sp?) could have affected me so deeply that I still remember to this day, 26 years after the fact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit