Do you remember SPECIFIC CONVERSATIONS with householders from the field ministry?

by BonaFide 11 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I have a few that I remember that were interesting. Of course, those that I supposedly helped.

But I also remember one man at an apartment. I started to talk about the universe, and how the planets are aligned perfectly, and the earth is the perfect distance from the sun to support life. He pulled out a booklet and asked me to read a couple of sentences, I didn't want to, but to be nice, I did.

It said that of course the planets rotate around, if they didn't, they would have collided a long time ago. And the Earth, had it been closer to the sun, would have have perhaps different forms of life, or with different properties. Wow, I was shocked and impressed. I had never thought that.

I still remember that conversation over 25 years ago.

And you?

Bonafide

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I remember going on a return visit on an elderly couple with my ex. During the conversation the blood issue came up, and they later encouraged us to read crisis of conscience. I was acting like a bit of an asshole. I left the cult just a few months later, and I really wish I could remember the house number so I could go back and apologize.

W

• The Berean
    The Berean

I was working in a nice neighborhood with a really good Brother. We knocked on a door and a teary-reyed lady answered. After we identified ourselves as Jehovah's Witnesses, she began an emotional expression of all that was wrong in her life. Along the way she related that all morning had been spent kneeled in prayer looking for help. I looked at her and calmly said: "that is why we have come"! Her eyes almost popped out of their sockets as she screamed: "Jehovah's Witnesses ... No, No, No"! Immediaately she slammed the door, leaving us on the porch giggling.

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

Yes I remember one old lady in Florida who told tall tails about Russel being into Egyptology and being a snake oil sales man and how the WTBTS had been taken over in a coup by Rutherford. (btw I am not making any of that up) little did I know that roughly 16 years later I would find out it was all true.

• Lease
    Lease

yes, i remember one conversation. and it is on a website. it's on:

www.exjwslosangeles.org

the story link is at the bottom, center of the home page, in blue font.

its title is: "A chance encounter with a jw at the door".

basically. the lady i remember at the door....i meet her again at an ex jw meeting.

what a coincidence.

• vikesgirl101
    vikesgirl101

Being a devout JW pioneer meant wearing the long flowing skirt with the sexiness of a housecoat for us sisters. So on a windy day in April, I went in door to door work in what appeared to be the territory with landscape resmbling the plains of Nebraska. My skirt inevitably flew up OVER my head. I spinned trying to get untangled in the gauzy fabric. But the damage was done; My 17 year old twiggy shaped ass graced it's presence to the entire cargroup of teenage boys, and my 72 year old male householder. On the bright side, I placed magazines. On the down side, I never went back.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Funny you mention this...I can't recall a one. Some intense street-work conversations, but none at the door. People were never home. I now realize how many were just dodging us.

Isaac Carmignani

• Robert7
    Robert7

Someone once said "I don't believe in your doctrine". It really hit me. Our belifs are a 'doctrine' from other people's perspective, and not just 'the truth'.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I left a Pamphlet in a Mail box..The lady chased me down the street......"Come Back here and Take your Crap with you!!"..

She was Frigg`n Pissed!!..I was`nt going back..

..................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• shamus100
    shamus100

I remember "witnessing" with an old man who just moved into our congregation.

He was a complete asshole, and made the householder very upset. He kept pushing her buttons, and he actually put his foot in the door when she tried to close it. I don't know about you, but if someone put theyre foot in my door when I was trying to close it, they wouldldn't walk for a year after multiple operations on theyre foot.

When I left with him, he thought that it was funny.

I was never so ashamed and emberassed to be a Jehovahs Witness in my life. I knew that something was very very wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit