When will there be a major expose' of the WTBTS on W-5, CNN or?

by Japster 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Japster
    Japster

I have to wonder why there has been no major new reporting source that has taken it upon themselves to do a big expose' on the Borg? I know that there have been some great things on pedophelia and blood transfusions but what about a one hour special on all the problems this destructive sect has caused in millions of peoples lives all over the earth?

Am I missing something.

Thanks

Japster

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I'm just guessing here, but I think media organizations don't want to tangle with the litigous WB&TS.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

... or they don't really care because there are more important things happening in the world and more interesting and/or dangerous cults to talk about.

• JeffT
    JeffT

JW's think they're the center of the universe. Many ex-JW's, having been brought up with that mind set still see the WTBS as a huge deal. One of the things that I've really noticed since I've been out is that the vast majority people don't give a rat's ass about Witnesses. Most of them never think about them at all unless they show up at the door.

• shamus100
    shamus100

They could care less - plus Christian Scientists are even more zany!

• Atomahawk
    Atomahawk

They don't talk about things that have little or no global impact unless it's a slow news day.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

With so many more important things that are of a more interest in the world of news,, it seems they would have to do something really bizare to make it more news worthy.

So much for the WT org putting the nations on notice and all that,, they are not taken seriously by any high ranking government offical,,

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I have to say I've observed the same as far as JW's not being that important in the outside world. They are important to us because of our experiences and those of our families. But JW's (and as mentioned even some ex-JW's) have a MAJOR misconception that anybody really cares. If that was ever proved it was with MJ. With all of the attention on his death, only passing reference is ever made to his religion. Most people have little clue of what this cult really does or how it affects people anyway. Even in positive ways like Supreme Court battles that they have been involved with concerning freedom of speech or civil rights, JW's are not well known for having been involved. As least not in the general consciousness.

Now if something major were to happen with them it might attract attention. But I can't think of what would have that kind of captivating attention. And as has been mentioned WT is very litigious. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see an expose. I have even tried in some small ways to move that along. But as mentioned nobody really cares. Perhaps what could trigger it is someone on the inside of politics or entertainment being really interested in tackling the issue.

This doesn't mean that we shouldn't continue the fight. We most certainly should. And every once in a while someone gets a nice article in the local media such as a letter disassociating themselves that I am sure has an impact. But that is where this battle will be fought. In small steps, and in the courts. Quietly. But we must always be ready for any chance to put this issue in front of the public. One never knows when the tide may turn. Barbara Andersen is in Europe, Bill Bowen spent some time in France recently, those efforts could reap some huge dividends one day.

Isaac Carmignani

http://www.facebook.com/isaaccarmignani

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Japster..Nobody cares about the WBT$ except JW`s and XJW`s..

The WBT$ is just a wierd little cult,not many people know much about..

.......................OUTLAW

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Jws are not that small. And what is happening IS noteworthy and should be reported. Much lesser injustices are reported everyday, so it's not that the world does not care.

The fact is that the media is pwned. And there are some topics that are just forbidden. Religion seems to be one of them. Deceit in industry is another. (Remember Monsanto and the hormones in milk?) Reporters get fired for telling the truth or breaching their orders of silence.

You won't hear of WT on tv ...unless it's slick paid advertising, like the new WT "news event" assembly. Someone spent some $$$ on that video production to run on local news stations.

MEDIA IS CORRUPT.

That's why you will not hear of lies and deception in the churches, nor the evil being perpetrated by WT and other cults. When concerned people tried to start an org to give cults greater exposure among the public , "Cultwatch" I think it was....Scientology came along and bought them out. So now the cults themselves control parts of the media and this is another way that truth about the deceptions are being silenced.

Here's a pie chart.

http://www.mediachannel.org/ownership/chart.shtml

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit