letter of disassociation from a Christian

by reniaa 51 Replies latest watchtower bible

• reniaa
    reniaa

http://thetruthaboutthetruthaboutthetruth.blogspot.com/2005/08/i-have-decided-to-leave-this.html

I Have Decided to Leave This Organization!--A Letter from a First Century Christian
    Hi, brothers and sisters. I wanted to inform everyone that I have decided to leave the congregation and thus this organization. Below are my reasons why.

First of all, there is constant flip flopping. At first the apostles believe Jesus was setting up the Kingdom when he was on earth. Then they said it will come before John dies. In my studies of the scriptures I have concluded that it is not coming until the wheat and weeds grow together first. That is just now beginning to happen. The apostles are false prophets as they have totally disregarded what Jesus himself said. If they would quit trying to put forth their own interpretations and rely on Jesus they would not be flip flopping back and forth. The truth is the truth. And if you are not telling the truth you are lying. Why should I stay in an organization that lies and makes demon-inspired false prophecies.

Then their is the thing about meat. First James and others say abstain from meat sacrificed to idols. Then Paul has the gaul to say, no, it is ok to eat that meat. Which is it, Paul and James? Can we eat the meat or can we not eat the meat. Since Jesus didn't say anything about it why are rules being made by others like Paul and James (oh by the way, Jesus half brother. hmm . I wonder how he got in the position that he's in. Can we say Nepotism?) I do not serve man, only God. When they start making rules and regulation beyond what Jesus said something is wrong and I will not stand by and be a part of such Pharisaic like thinking.

And speaking of Paul, can you believe what he did about Mark. How unloving. Not wanting Mark to go with him on the missionary tour. A lot of good his missionary tour does. I happen to know that Mark had a good reason for leaving Paul and Barnabus the first time. Barnabus sure thought so too. Paul is ridiculous. I thought Jesus said Love is the identifying mark of the true religion. I do not see such love here in this organization.

You know what else Paul had the nerve to say. Be obedient to those taking the lead among you and be submissive. I am submissive only to Jesus and Jehovah. I do not need men telling me how to worship God. I have the scriptures. Jesus said to worship in spirit and truth. He did not say worship how the elders or Paul or some self appointed governing body in Jerusalem tells you to worship. They have set themselves up above Jesus as God's channel. Why should we stay among men who want glory for themselves and want you under their thumb. How about be obedient to the Lord Jesus Christ. Paul also said, Become imitators of me. Jesus on the other hand said follow after me. Jesus or Paul? Who should we follow? I think I will follow Jesus rather than some old bald headed man who is trying to get glory for himself and usurp Jesus' position as the channel of God.

And then he says this, "A wife is bound during all the time her husband is alive. But if her husband should fall asleep [in death], she is free to be married to whom she wants, only in [the] Lord. 40 But she is happier if she remains as she is, according to my opinion. I certainly think I also have God’s spirit." He gives his opinion and has the nerve to say that he thinks he has God's spirit in what he says. Who is he to say if you will be happier if you don't remarry. Some people happen to like being married. Just because he is single he thinks everyone should be. Is he trying to say that he is the only one serving Jehovah in the right way? I just cannot have respect for a man like this who seeks his own selfish glory rather than God's. How can we be a part of an organization that allows men like this to continue and try to tell us what to do instead of letting what Jesus said come first.

And did you hear about Peter and his good ole boys did. Before the arrival of certain men from James, he used to eat with people of the nations; but when they arrived, he went withdrawing and separating himself, in fear of those of the circumcised class. The rest of the Jews also joined him in putting on this pretense, so that even Bar´na·bas was led along with them in their pretense. That is disgusting. That is apostasy. And what happened to him for that. Nothing. A slap on the wrist. Paul confronted him about it and told him he shouldn't be that way. But he remained a big shot in the congregation and organization. How many people do you think he stumbled with his good ole boys joining right along with him. And yet, if you say anything about it you will be chastised and kicked out for 'speaking abusivley against glorious ones.' Unbelievable that God's organization could be like this. I was of the opinion that Barnabus was a good brother until I found out that he did nothing about it but just went along with Peter because he was probably afraid of losing his position. They should all be removed but since they are big shots in the organization nothing is done to them.

But look what they're trying to do to Diotrephes. Paul wrote something to the congregation about Di·ot´re·phes. He said Diotrephes likes to have the first place among them, does not receive anything from them with respect. Then Paul said that is why, if he comes, he will call to remembrance his works which he goes on doing, chattering with wicked words. Also, not being content with these things, neither does he himself receive the brothers with respect, and those who are wanting to receive them he tries to hinder and to throw out of the congregation. Who died and made Paul the judge? Its just like him though! Anybody who don't believe everything they say they are ready to silence them in the congregation just like Paul wants to silence Diotrephes. How unloving that he says Diotrephes is 'chattering with wicked words.' Such lies and slander. Oh but Peter and Barnabas and the good ole boys can do anything they want and they just get a slap on the wrist. But because Diotrephes doesn't bow down to them whenever they enter the congregation they accuse him of being wicked and want to hush him up and get him out of the congregation. Reminds me of Caesar type mentality. Oh but let someone sleep with their father's wife and they are oh so willing to let him come back into the congregation because he is 'repentent'.

Even Jude tries to throw his weight around as someone important probably because he is the half brother of Jesus. He tried to drag out the tired old "Korah" analogy, in an attempt to suggest blind, unflinching, unquestioning obedience to the "golden calf," known as 'the way'. He said, "Too bad for them, because they have gone in the path of Cain, and have rushed into the erroneous course of Ba´laam for reward, and have perished in the rebellious talk of Ko´rah! These men are murmurers, complainers about their lot in life, proceeding according to their own desires, and their mouths speak swelling things, while they are admiring personalities for the sake of [their own] benefit."

Let's get real about this, once and for all, shall we? If anyone today fits the role of ancient Korah, Dathan and Abiram, who REALLY would that be? Does not the so called Governing Body and older men in Jerusalem sit themselves in the seat of Moses and try to speak for all the anointed brothers as if they are the only ones with holy spirit? They want to intimidate and demean and spiritually terrorize us, -- trample upon our rights and our dignity, -- by talk of "Korah-like" influences and/or behavior, ... I tell them right now they've got their finger pointed in the wrong direction. And I will not stand for it because I know the real 'way about the Way' and they are not acting in love the way Jesus said it should be.

Bottom line is I am not going to let some old men in Jerusalem tell me how to worship Jehovah and how to follow in Jesus footsteps. I have the scriptures. I can read them myself. I have the helper, the holy spirit. They think they have a monopoly on the holy spirit? They are always quoting that Ethipian Eunuch who said he couldn't understand the scriptures unless someone guided him. Of course, they have set themselves up as that guide, not Jesus. They go beyond what Jesus said. Paul even said, However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed. He is trying to say we are cursed if we don't listen to what they say is the good news. Well, I have Jesus telling me what is the good news and I will listen to him and his Father, not men who committ apostasy and flip flop back and forth and misinterpret prophecy and do not show love and want all the glory for themselves.

I choose Jehovah and Jesus over man and so I am leaving this God dishonoring organization who trys to say only they have the truth.

A 'true' worshiper of Jehovah

PS--Since I wrote this letter I have learned that Paul was in prison and appealed to Caesar so that he is now going to Rome. Wouldn't it be so much better if he appealed to God? Doesn't he know what Daniel prophecied about Rome being the ferocious wild beast? And now he appeals for help from the wild beast! That explains why not one time has he or any of the other writers of letters to the congregations ever talked about how God will destroy that beast after the small horn grows and tramples God's people. He and thus his organization that he is an apostle for is committing spiritual prostitution by relying on the governments to protect him. It is disgusting! I will not stand by and be a part of such filthy and deceitful hypocrisy. I am outta here.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa....I really don't need to refute this line by line....

The first couple of paragraphs and the WT is already convicted:

You said:

This Organization!--A Letter from a First Century ChristianHi, brothers and sisters. I wanted to inform everyone that I have decided to leave the congregation and thus this organization. Below are my reasons why.First of all, there is constant flip flopping. At first the apostles believe Jesus was setting up the Kingdom when he was on earth. Then they said it will come before John dies.

My reply: Did the apostles set a date and call it God’s date, the Creator’s promise, or the like?

In my studies of the scriptures I have concluded that it is not coming until the wheat and weeds grow together first. That is just now beginning to happen. The apostles are false prophets as they have totally disregarded what Jesus himself said. If they would quit trying to put forth their own interpretations and rely on Jesus they would not be flip flopping back and forth.

My reply: Can yu show me where in scripture they forth a date and stamped it as God’s date?

The truth is the truth. And if you are not telling the truth you are lying. Why should I stay in an organization that lies and makes demon-inspired false prophecies.

My reply: You should not. Why do you Reniaa? The 1 st century Christian cong did not put forth dates with God’s name on it.

You know what else Paul had the nerve to say. Be obedient to those taking the lead among you and be submissive. I am submissive only to Jesus and Jehovah. I do not need men telling me how to worship God. I have the scriptures. Jesus said to worship in spirit and truth. He did not say worship how the elders or Paul or some self appointed governing body in Jerusalem tells you to worship. They have set themselves up above Jesus as God's channel. Why should we stay among men who want glory for themselves and want you under their thumb. How about be obedient to the Lord Jesus Christ. Paul also said, Become imitators of me. Jesus on the other hand said follow after me. Jesus or Paul? Who should we follow? I think I will follow Jesus rather than some old bald headed man who is trying to get glory for himself and usurp Jesus' position as the channel of God.

My reply: Paul said to be obedient to your leaders but 10 verses earlier laid the context for this admonition as being obedient insofar as the teachings are in line with Jesus.

Bottom line is that the WT is a false prophet...no way around it and their false prophecies are nothing similar to the false expectation present in the 1st cent. Those in the 1st cent were not called God's dates/promises etc...they were not forced as mandatory beleifs...as all the WT trash is.

• Earnest
  • reniaa
    reniaa

I think this letter by third witness aptly shows what I was trying to illustrate to cantleave on another thread, that we can attack imperfection and make it an excuse for our own issues.

Reniaa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

The first cent cong was guilty of imperfection, as is any group today. They were not guilty of date-setting and calling it God's date. The WT is guilty of that. That is given quite strong condemnation in the bible.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Earnest & Reniaa will now please stand & sing in unison

" We are Jehovahs Witnesses, Ours is the God of True Prophecy"

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

First of all, there is constant flip flopping. At first the apostles believe Jesus was setting up the Kingdom when he was on earth. Then they said it will come before John dies. In my studies of the scriptures I have concluded that it is not coming until the wheat and weeds grow together first.

This underscores what I've been saying for years. It's all Jesus' fault. If he had spoken clearly and concisely without resorting to parables there wouldn't have been all that confusion 2000 years ago, and there would be no confusion today.

If "God" is serious about wanting humans to "worship" him he should develop some communication skills and present his case to us clearly. If my communication skills were that poor in my workplace there would be skid marks where my ass slid from the door to the curb. Life is short, and I don't have time to dick around researching inane ramblings written down centuries ago. I refuse to become the plaything of some alleged "God" who doesn't even appear to have the competence to stand up and definitively prove that he even exists.

W

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I wonder if he was shunned by his family and friends after he sent it.

• superpunk
    superpunk

I think this is a very nice parody, I agree. I think it can also illustrate that there is nothing special about the witnesses. We can toss stones at any man-made organization, and the stones are well deserved. The same can be done to the Witnesses. They aren't special, despite their claims to the contrary. So it doesn't matter if we are a part of them or not. Christians are Christians, from a Christian perspective.

The one caveat is where children are involved. Children shouldn't be subjected to the religious/imaginary belief system of their parents before they have developed the ability to comprehend such things. Honestly if we didn't have children having their lives stolen away, either by worthless JW activities or worse, by flawed JW doctrines that cost them their literal life, who would care about the Witnesses....

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Peter asked Jesus IF he was restoring the kingdom to Israel at that time. The WT insisted that the end would be here in 1914- calling it God's date. The WT insisted that the end had to come before the generation of 1914 passed away- calling it the Creator's promise. These false prophecies were printed in millions of pieces of lit over many years...beleifs was mandatory with the threat of tbeing dfed. Again, Peter in the 1st cent asked a question. Similarity? Not at all.

Regarding the WT false prophecies just mentioned- what happened? Did God change his mind? Did the WT prophecy falsely? An unloving act is imperfection. False prophecy is much more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit