...Jehovah`s Witness Kids don`t miss Celebrating Birthdays,Christmas..ect..ect!!....

by OUTLAW 143 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Jehovah`s Witness Kids don`t miss Celebrating Birthdays,Christmas..ect..ect..!!......................Thats what Jehovah`s Witness Parents,tell the outside world..My parents did.......The fact is..I did want to have a Birthday Party..I did want to get toys at Christmas..I did want a tree with all the lights..I did want to go to the school Christmas Party..I did want to hunt for Chocolate Eggs at Easter................Tell that to your JW Parents and you`ll get an Ass-Whopp`n..........I told my Aunt I loved Christmas,she always got me something...My Aunt told my mom.....Mom was not happy.......I did`nt support the Jehovah`s Witness Lie....I paid the price..............When you were a Jehovah`s Witness Kid,did you want to Participate in Celebrations? ...OUTLAW

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I'm a born-in who wanted to do it all: Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving (on the right day), Easter, Birthdays, etc etc. There was nothing to filled the void.

• wobble
    wobble

Same with me Mrs Jones,cept we don't have thanksgiving here in the UK,maybe we should start, celebrating all you lot being a breakaway nation,called "Thank God I'm not 'mercan day" or something. (only jokin' we Brits loves y'all)

I am not too sad for myself, but I feel terrible that my two sons missed out on so much, and they resent it too.

If I can I will make it up to them in my remaining years.

love

Wobble

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Josie..I`m sitting here Laughing my Ass off!!....."Thanksgiving (on the right day),"........That is so funny!!......We used to have a "It`s Not a ThanksGiving Turkey Dinner"..Turkey Dinner too!! .........The table conversation went something like this.."This is`nt a Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner..Is`nt it nice JW`s can have a Turkey Dinner anytime they want!".......Ya right!..JW`s have a "Turkey Dinner" during the Holidays just like everyone else..Just not on the right day!!............................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Yes, I wanted to but I would lie and say no "to give a good witness".

I distinctly remember being on a doostep in the ministry with my mother when the householder levelled the accusation at my mother that "JW children miss out on things." I must have been 5 or 6 at the time. My mum was holding my hand, she grasped it tighter and said "tell the lady how you feel".

Like I was going to stand there and tell the truth and get a hiding when I got home.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

MickeyMouse..I was always supposed to say I did`nt want to Celebrate Holidays,Birthdays ect..ect.....The truth is.....JW Parents can and do,beat whatever answer they want out of thier kids.....................OUTLAW

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Yes, I wanted a birthday party. I wanted Christmas. I wanted to go Trick-or-Treating. I wanted the Easter Bunny to come. I wanted to have a turkey on Thanksgiving. I definitely wanted to go the the school Christmas parties.

I agree with Mrs. JOnes. There was nothing to fill the void.

But I have raised my children with ALL that stuff that I wanted. That has been satisfying to me.

• crapola
    crapola

I wanted it all too. Even thought of things at Christmas time that I had'nt had for very long, so that I could pretend like I got it for Christmas to the kids at school. How sad is that.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

I actually didn't become a JW until well into my teens so the only thing I did miss was sending my mom a Mother's Day card. I just made an excuse to see her that day. It felt wrong not to give her something. The instant the blinders came off, I sent her the biggest card I could. I even send her one on Valentine's day now and every chance I get.

What kind of religion makes people feel there's something wrong with sending their mom a card ???

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    Even thought of things at Christmas time that I had'nt had for very long, so that I could pretend like I got it for Christmas to the kids at school. How sad is that.

crapola:

I always did exactly the same thing. Probablly as early as 1st grade. I would save new clothing and any other things that I got until after Christmas and say that I had gotten it for Christmas.

My father's family were not JWs. My grandparents on that side did always give me a present in December so I did get one real Christmas present every year that I could tell my school friends about.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit