Automobile Questions for the Guys

by Robdar 74 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

I bought a new car. This is the first new car I've bought in 11 years. And I feel silly because there are a lot of things I do not know about automobiles.

I turned down the dealership's offer of the appearance protection package which included a paint sealant to protect against fading, discoloring and loss of gloss. I thought it was too expensive. Maybe it wasn't but I'm a cheap bastard.

Do you guys know of any product I can apply myself to protect the glossy newness of the paint? It's a lovely car and I want it to look good for a long time.

Do you know of any product I can apply inside? Although I will not let passengers eat in the car, I still worry about spills.

Any suggestions to help keep my car looking good will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Robyn

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

CONGRATS on turning down that high-profit crap the dealer was trying to sell you!

Just take your car to a reputable detail shop and have them give it a nice wax job. If you have more money to burn, maybe have them apply a sealant instead.

• Robdar
    Robdar

If you have more money to burn, maybe have them apply a sealant instead.

Hmmm, a sealant? I will have to check into that. Maybe I can find a nice deal from a reputable company.

Thanks!

• Robdar
    Robdar

CONGRATS on turning down that high-profit crap the dealer was trying to sell you!

Thanks! Boy did they get pissed when I turned it down. They were really trying to work me. Ha! I am not as sweet as I look.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

Yeah, if they knew you they're realize you are NOT sweet! ;) j/k

Dealers love to pressure various "add ons" when you buy a car... your best bet is to turn EVERYTHING down. You can do better on your own.

So what car did you get?

• Warlock
    Warlock

The best way to keep your car new, is to keep it garaged as much as possible.

Other than that, I agree with Sherlock.

Warlock

• DJK
    DJK

Do some research about the paint your vehicle manufacturer used. I don't know if there is any truth to this, but I was told some paints should not be waxed within the first year. My last two trucks I didn't wax for a year and they kept a very good shine anyway.

My wife took the interior protection plan when she bought her Toyota Prius. I was never impressed with it. They sprayed the interior fabrics and that was supposed to protect from stains. They stained anyway. Then the dealer was supposed to replace the stained materials. Fine, but who wants to leave their car at the dealership for a few days just for a small coffee stain?

Seat covers might be your best bet.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Yeah, if they knew you they're realize you are NOT sweet! ;) j/k

You know me so well. LOL

So what car did you get?

Thank you for aksing.

I purchased a 2009 Toyota Yaris 3 door hatchback. With 0% financing, it was cheaper to buy a new car than a used one. Funny how that works. Plus there is a tax break which I look forward to.

I loved my Toyota Tercel. It ran forever and it was still running when I traded it for the Yaris. Yaris is the newest version of the Tercel. It's a sweet ride.

Now is the time to buy.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Robdar..You did the right thing..Good move..............................OUTLAW

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Now is the time to buy.

No kidding.

You can't beat zero % financing! Congrats on the new car purchase!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit