The young ones are leaving in droves!!!

by 1914BS 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• 1914BS
    1914BS

I hear that many congos are loosing all their young dubs and now only very old dubs are left. It seems the JWs religion is dying out because there are no youngins to replace the aging MS/Elder/COs . The young dubs are very internet savy and would rather play warcraft than go out in the field circus.

I remember a WT study article a couple of years ago that was entitled" when a young person rebels" or something like that - anyone know that mag?

• wobble
    wobble

I would love it if the young ones were leaving in droves, and I believe because of the Internet this will happen, but I don't see a great deal of evidence at present.

They have been bemoaning the lack of quality young ones to promote for 30 years or more, but still they strugggle on.

I think they will shrink and die, but it willtake along time.

Perhaps as long as it took the "Shakers"

Love

Wobble

• sacolton
    sacolton

Blame it on the internets. Knowledge is power.

• DeanOs
    DeanOs

...there is truth in that many are leaving from many of the undeveloped countries (where access to the net is severely limited and horribly expensive) the dubbery is on an upward growth..

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

A recent Pew research study concluded that JWs have the lowest retention rate of any religion in the U.S.

67% of children born into the religion leave it.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I tend to ride the fence on this one.

My own personal experience tells me that what you say is basically true, that young ones are leaving. I know my old congregation was basically all older people. I eventually see consolidation for that group.

The numbers also suggest that they are hurting, but in a little bit differant way. The Witnesses still experience growth, but at a huge expense. When you factor how many people are baptized vs. the number of publishers the year before you realize that they are potentially loosing 1 member for every 2 they bring in.

So they do have growth, it's just that they are not very controled about it. People are not sticking around. This may eventually turn into negative numbers, but so far it has not.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    67% of children born into the religion leave it.

I am so happy to hear this!

• Heaven
    Heaven

My father told me that their CO said the same thing... and this is why they believe Armageddon is coming soon.

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

Yes they have growth but in my area in philadelphia in the spanish congo there are lots and lots of illegal immagrants. I think that's how they get there numbers.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

My wife said there are no teenagers in the congo she has been attending, a fair number of little kids....but the teens seem to have gotten out!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit