Roll Call !!! I am going to reveal my name, anyone else DARE?

by Leprechaun 117 Replies latest jw friends

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

As far as being scared of posting my name, so what I post my name when I order something over the net, its leaving your social security number that is the big deal. If the goverment made trouble for me it would be because I deserved it for something I typed, but as for the GB they are just a bunch of long beards.

• John Doe
    John Doe

As far as being scared of posting my name, so what I post my name when I order something over the net,

Do you not perceive a difference in using your name to order something and posting on a public discussion forum? How much do you understand about identity theft?

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

Roll call, Just as it is written “I am not afraid what can man do to me”. To a degree to be afraid to post ones name if your not saying (typing threats or some other unlawful thing) is or borders on paranoia.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Has nothing to do with fear, Leprechaun, but rather, an abundance of caution. Consider your post. I have one Shane Draney from Ogden, Utah. With this information, I can easily obtain some geneology information, including mother and mother's maiden name, and father's name. With a little digging, I can determine city of birth, and then I can request a birth certificate from your home state. Once I have a birth certificate, I can "become" you with little trouble.

Short of that, with name, address, and age information, I can open credit cards in your name. Call it paranoia if you want, but this is done every day. Let me repeat, giving your name and age on the internet is careless and is setting yourself up for trouble.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I think it always appropriate to protect your privacy.

Our names being revealed might be liberating to particular people, depending on their circumstances. For others to do so is absolutely out of the question.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Come on leprechaun it's like coming to a costume party. It's simply traditional to wear that mask.

As far as the GB being harmless I think it's simply a matter of how much you irritate them. Keep in mind that recently they have ramped up their hatemongering propaganda against us. It only takes one unbalanced JW out of a hundred to be inspired by that Nazi-esque organization and do something nasty to one of us evil "apostates".

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Hi Leprechaun-----My name is Barbara, I live in California.

• Warlock
    Warlock

First of all, how do we know that's your real name?

I can just pick a name out of the phonebook and post it.

Secondly, how do we know you're not here to set people up?

Warlock

• John Doe
    John Doe

I see you attended Bell Junior High School from 1964 to 1968. I see you are the son of Jennie Beatrice Brown Draney and Willard Eugene Draney. I assume Brown is your mother's maiden name? Your first name is Lewis.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Hi. Dick Hertz here. I was disfellowshipped for fornication with several elder's wives.

Pleasure to meet you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit