One of the Governing Body had a stroke yesterday

by AndersonsInfo 426 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    We know that you know that the WTS is nothing but a huge scam. By the way, Splane is porking your wife. She seems to be enjoying herself.

Favorite Sissy Jaracz story: Teddy was a visiting speaker at an assembly, got there late, so they had to wait to be seated. An attendant, trained to ignore sisters evidentally, told Mrs Jaracz where to sit. She looked at him crossly and said: "Don't you know who my husband is?"

She was as popular as the ebola virus at Patterson....

Few liked Teddy. No one liked Her... (and yeah, her name escapes me...)

While at Gilead, you could feel whatever joy was there leave when he came up. He was really dreaded.

Wouldn't that be asking a lot of Splane?? Oh never mind.....

• Mary
    Mary

I guess I'm not as nice as others on here, because I hope the old bastard croaks. I understand fully what a stroke does because my father had one a few years ago and the first elder on the scene at the hospital came armed with all the info on blood transfusions in case it was needed. Fortunately it wasn't but some of you may remember that I nearly lost him again two years ago when he had a bleeding ulcer. It's because of men like Ted Jackass Jaracz that my dad nearly died and why God-knows how many Witnesses STILL die every year, thanks to their stubborn refusal to admit that they're a bunch of screw-ups.

The only thing we can hope for, is once he's gone, perhaps the other members of the Governing Body might----just might----start to change things for the better.

That Teddie was more or less responsible for the entire pedophile cover-up, well, I hope he's shitting in his shoes when he goes to meet his Maker. Something tells me that it won't be quite the way he envisioned it.

• dinah
    dinah

I won't mourn either.

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

His wife's name is Melita. An abrasive woman not really liked. She ran the beauty shops, of course under the guidance of a Bethel Home Office overseer. Melita had been a beautician in her other life, pre-Teddy. One time I was in the Tower's beauty shop after hours with some other sisters. We were doing special stuff to our hair that the beauticians wouldn't do for us at our regular appointments. I was talking to a friend and mentioned something funny about the vulcanized eggs we had been served that morning at breakfast. Melita came from around a partition and scolded me for being critical of Jehovah's provisions. We all sat their in amazement at her anger. But she forgot about the incident and always treated me okay, especially after I was transferred to Writing. It was amazing how much respect one got when one was in Writing!

The Jaraczs seemed to really have a lot of affection for each other. One day after breakfast, he ran up the stairs on one side of the building to the 8th floor in Towers where their room was and Melita ran up the other side in a little race. When they got to the door of their room they were like kids, playfully laughing and kidding each other about who was in better shape. It was a fun thing to see. I only wish they could have shown that kind of affection for the Bethel family. The only time the entire family saw and heard him speak with emotion was when he was telling us about the fabulous first convention in Poland. He almost cried with emotion as he described the sight of thousands of believers who came from surrounding countries who then had freedom to worship for the first time. At the Jersey City Assembly Hall, he showed us slides of thousands of people sitting on concrete slabs at those outdoor conventions and once again his voice cracked with emotion. Many Bethelites remarked how unusual it was to see Jaracz showing that side of himself, that he even had emotions.

I think I told this once before, but I'll tell it again for the new ones here on the board. One day, Swingle read a telegram from a bunch of assembly overseers in Russia thanking the GB for holding conventions all over the former Soviet Union after it fell apart. When I walked into Peloyan's office he was on the phone with Swingle who was furious. Harry and Swingle were buddies. Harry told me that the GB had no knowledge of conventions all over Russia. They only gave the ok for one and that was St. Petersburg. However, when Jaracz went over to arrange for the convention, he also arranged for a bunch more but he never told the other GB members. They were shocked when they found out after the assemblies were held. They held an immediate meeting and "the boss" came very close to being removed. But he apologized over and over again and they forgave him.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

There is only one GB member who should ever be mourned a little, and that is Jack Barr. The vibe I got was that he put up with the GB politics for others.... He was a genuinely decent man in my opinion. Of course, he has stayed a GB member all these years, so he can't be that good either I suppose....

The rest of them in my mind are clearly cynical, narcissistic, power hungry egomaniacs.

And if this means Losch rules, YHWH help them all. An ass succeeding an ass. Perfect.

The GB knows that they run a corrupt organization. And they won't change, admit their predecessors were wrong, solely for their own power base today. It's crap.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Barbara, were you referring to the 1993 International Conventions in Moscow, Kiev, etc?

One day, Swingle read a telegram from a bunch of assembly overseers in Russia thanking the GB for holding conventions all over the former Soviet Union after it fell apart. When I walked into Peloyan's office he was on the phone with Swingle who was furious. Harry and Swingle were buddies. Harry told me that the GB had no knowledge of conventions all over Russia. They only gave the ok for one and that was St. Petersburg. However, when Jaracz went over to arrange for the convention, he also arranged for a bunch more but he never told the other GB members. They were shocked when they found out after the assemblies were held. They held an immediate meeting and "the boss" came very close to being removed. But he apologized over and over again and they forgave him.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I suppose I might feel the way some do. I still feel that I need to look back to the beginning to see who pushed who before I can say anything about anyone. Not a defense of any of his actions. Let's just say I love him the same way they say they love the people in the world.

• villabolo
  • yesidid
    yesidid
    Barry removed him and Knorr sent Jaracz to California to be District Overseer.

You have to think that whatever he did wrong, it was not disloyalty to HQ. After all DO is just one step down from BO.

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

Bonafide,
    I totally understand. When I as at Bethel I had a father figure who was on a few committees. He arranged without my knowledge to have me transferred to his congregation and table. Over time he really made a sincere effort to groom me and show me the ropes. The sad thing is that it probably made me cynical over time since I heard a little too much about day to day Org business. If I had just been assigned to laundry I would probably still be there today.

AllTimeJeff,
    Your comment made me think of the first time I got in trouble at Bethel (Yes, I got in trouble more than once). I had to enter an area that required a key, vs. just flashing your badge at the building entrance. Anyway I had back pain because of a minor injury and happened to be lugging a full backpack along with a large box full of stuff. A sister carrying what I could call a cocktail purse was ahead of me. Once she got to the door she just stopped. I thought “Are you kidding me!” Tradition was that brothers opened the door. But here I am carrying half my body weight and she expects me to set everything down to open the door. Of course I said “Would it be too much of a bother for you to pull your key out and open the door?” She just stood her ground. No less than 20mins later I got called in to visit a Vice-President. After about an hour I understood that she was “somebody’s” wife and that I need to appreciate the sister’s status as a “weaker vessel”. But inside I was screaming “BUT I OPENED THE DOOR!”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit