Worshipping Jehovah without all the rules?

by ptucker8357 49 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot

Isn't the whole point of Xianity....... to follow Jesus as the accepted Christ sent by God.

I don't remember it saying you had to have an exact perfect knowledge of things not of this world or even of this world.

Worshiping Jehovah therefore would be to follow the lamb in your personal choices and actions.

...... trying to go beyond the unity of acceptance and adherence of Christ causes divisions......

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Johnny,

It IS interesting though that the tetragrammaton DOES appear in the original Aramaic manuscripts of the NT.

I would argue that those manuscripts reflect the original writings closer than the Greek translations.

Have you got a link for those? Are you sure it is not just where the NT quotes the OT?

All the best,

Stephen

• davegod
    davegod

Wobble, do you read what you post?

"I would be suspiscious of anyone who is too sure of themselves in this matter and insists their point of view is the one and only,make up your own mind as far as you can,and keep questioning.

I am sure too that Jesus is The Way the Truth and the Life,and no one comes to the Father,except through Him."

There is no Jesus without the old testament. End of story, period. The OT is a bunch of stories. None of those miracle stories are true. What then does the NT fulfill? What you are saying is, I have read a book, I have fulfilled what that book said. Tell me, what is so miraculous about that? In that context anyone who can read something and make it come true is the son of god. It is absurd. You must believe all of it for some of it to be true.

• Satanus
    Satanus

'It IS interesting though that the tetragrammaton DOES appear in the original Aramaic manuscripts of the NT.

'Kay johnny, cough up the evidence.

S

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

When I left the JW's I had trouble getting my head around the idea of the trinity how could that be it does not make sense etc as per WT indoctrination As creatures we can't know anything about God except what he chooses tp reveal about himself..The apostles spoke about what they had come to know from their experience "seen and heard" Did they come to accept Jesus as their God to be worshipped I believe they did despite the fact they came from a religious background that strongly insisted that there is only one God and him alone you must worship. Honour the son you honour the father worship the son you worship the father I have no problem with that now And I enjoy the company of those that have accepted Jesus as their Lord and Saviour and honour him and not a printing company like the Witnesses do... Come to the WT and be saved Put faith in the WT..... The GB is the way the truth and the light...... puke..vomit (vomit emotion goes here have not got one)

• wtfmidoing
    wtfmidoing

It's all a bunch of stories. Don't base your life on any of it. Live life and find something to laugh about, period. ANY religious thought is a crouch for the fear of death. Just my opinion, dollar value = $0.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi,

'Kay johnny, cough up the evidence.

It is my understanding that the New Testament was written in Greek. There are certain words that were from the Aramaic, the language likely that Jesus spoke.

Aramaic phrases in the Greek New Testament

The Greek New Testament transliterates a few words and phrases, some Hebrew, some Aramaic and some either. These are mainly words attributed to Jesus by Mark, and perhaps had a special significance because of this.

A very small minority believe that most or all of the New Testament was originally written in Aramaic. This position, called Aramaic primacy, has been rejected by most scholars. The consensus among scholarship is that the New Testament was compiled in the Greek language. However, many consider it probable that there was a Hebrew and/or Aramaic layer beneath the Greek sources to the gospels (see also Logia), parts of Acts and possibly in a few, limited other locations within the New Testament.

See here for the rest

Aramaic of Jesus

All the best,

Stephen

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Chalam- thank you very much for your kind and well thought out answers.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Leavingwt & passwordprotected- I concur. Walter Martin does an excelelnt and thorough job of answering JW objections to Jesus Deity.

• cskyjw.sun
    cskyjw.sun

worship jehovah but not to be controlled by rules of the WTBTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit