Worshipping Jehovah without all the rules?

by ptucker8357 49 Replies latest jw friends

• ptucker8357
    ptucker8357

Hi again...

I've been searching around for a few days now trying to understand whether or not there are spiritual folks out there who believe some of the fundamental tenents of the Witness religion, but don't believe in all the rules that the GB puts forth... Many of the folks that I talk to tell me that the only way to salvation is through acceptance of Jesus as God. I do accept Jesus as the Messiah, as a perfect man that God sent to atone for the sins of Adam, but I don't believe he is God.... I believe there is one God, One Son and One Holy Spirit and they are not three persons in one God... I feel weird whenever I go to another service that exalts the Trinity, as well as some other basic rituals of their religion...

Am I making sense?

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Many share your sentiments.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Sorry ptucker...I don't have a spiritual bone left in me...

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

You are making sense to many on this board....and welcome aboard!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Welcome!

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

Welcome ptucker. I am new here too, but I have learned a lot from reading the posts of others.

As for your question, I think many agree with you. I have great difficulty with the whole trinity thing and it is the main thing that puts me off when I attend a mainstream Christian church. I cringe when I hear Jesus and God used interchangeably or when Jesus is referred to or prayed to as God.

You make perfect sense to me.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Hi. Have you considered that the reason you feel so uneasy with the teachings you mention is because the Governing Body has told you they are wrong?

• Priest73
    Priest73

I think that god is a great "idea." But I can't bring myself to believe that an all knowing, loving, powerful etc being would allow so much suffering on earth. If that's the cut of god's jib, I want nothing to do with it.

Atleast as dubs we were taught that there was no Hell. Score!

• happpyexjw
    happpyexjw

PP. I have considered that possibility, but I really just don't see any logic in the trinity. It simply makes no sense to me. And why did Jesus make it a point to say the Father was greater than him? Also if Jesus was God, who resurrected him when he died? Sorry, but I am not going to reject something simply because it was espoused by the wts. I think they are right on this point. To reject it because they teach it is just as rigid and unbending as we all say they are IMHO.

• Borgia
    Borgia

no sense at all........Either you accept Jesus as your savior....meaning you will also do ALL he has commanded.........and it is for you to find out exactly what it was.....and that is not a very easy task indeed....

OR

You do not accept him as such.........

In that case......you will end up where the first possibility will eventually lead you.......

You pick the route that fits you best

Cheers

Borgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit