never before 1995...no date or period for the end...we are in uncharted waters

by oompa 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Mum rang today. We both have heart problems and living a loooong life is not an option for either of us.

Her, "It won't be long and we will all be young again!"

Me, "No, Mum. That is what you said would happen years ago. It didn't happen. I have to go now."

I didn't want a debate and I really did have to go for other reasons.

I didn't want to kick the sand out from under her castle.

I would love to kick the sand out from under her castle.

I have seen 'frustration' described as "suppressing the urge to beat the **** out of someone who desperately needs it.

That description describes my father and his religion perfectly.

Does anyone have a better description of 'frustration?

Cheers

Chris

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Don't be mean to your poor Mum. Next time just say, "That would be nice mum. I hope it's true."

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It is a tough one Yadda.

It would be so nice if it was that simple.

For me, it is not that simple.

As an unbaptised 'Born In' I may be the WTs worst nightmare, but my family is involved in creating large numbers of converts in a region that doesn't need it and they are doing extremely well at it. I am struggling to find ways to protect their potential victims.

What a Fkn mess

I am listening to Charles Manson's, 'Lies' to try and get taste of another cult's insanity. I like it. Why should I think worse of his music than I do of Kingdum songs?

Cheers

Chris

• Black Sheep
  • Chalam
    Chalam

yadda yadda 2-They don't need a 'date'. Like most other Christian religions, the dubbies believe we are in the last days based on their interpretation of Jesus' prophecies at Matthew 24, Mark 13, Luke 21, and certain other passages regarding the end times that they assert are now being fulfilled. Above all, they have their 'composite sign' doctrine to fall back on. Here's an article on their website: http://watchtower.org/e/20060915/article_02.htm

There was also Watchtower article about 15 years ago that had six lines of evidence (or similar) proving that we are in the time of the end. One of those evidences was that the number of anointed are dwindling. Oops, cross that one off the last now LOL! But they still claim the other five.

Ah yes, I forget they are "christians" and are "following Christ" even though they disbelieve what He says and disobey His message :(

Anyhow, forget a new date, we demand a new year! After all, Christ said this

Matthew 24:30-33 (New International Version)

30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.

32 "Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door.

That's a bit tricky, the bible says the signs point to Christ's return (v30). Strange how now one saw anything or heard any loud trumpets back in 1914? Neither were the elect gathered from every corner of the globe either :(

Matthew 24:40-42 (New International Version)

40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

42 "Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.

Looks like they have made a mistake... Again :( All the best, Stephen

• Chalam
    Chalam

Black Sheep-Me, "No, Mum. That is what you said would happen years ago. It didn't happen. I have to go now."

Good call, avoid strife but don't not avoid the truth either.

Maybe next time she calls with something similar could point to the verses I have just listed? This one is good too :)

Matthew 24:27 (New International Version)

27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.

All the best, Stephen

• Black Sheep
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My parents are no longer the problem. They are old and don't knock on many doors.

My children.....................

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They said that earlier Christians before 1914 were living in times covered by CHRONOLOGY, but that now we live in times covered by PROPHECY. (this was in a 90s Witchtower study)

The gist was that we can no longer work things out by chronology, but must just wait and see.

HB

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Whats wrong with you people??..Your thinking!..Stop thinking!..Read a WatchTower!..Prepare for a meeting!..Go out in the Field Service!.....Just stop thinking!!..The WBT$ does that "for" you!............................. LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit