help then out ....

offer them the phone number
    of a faithful one....

• villabolo
    villabolo

chickpea

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Reniaa who is a is`nt a Jehovah`s Witness ,then is a Jehovah`s witness,then is`nt a Jehovah`s Witness,depending on the day................Is a Jehovah`s Witness today and has an Elders Manual???????? .......................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• loosie
    loosie

Yes they can talk to you for neccessary family business.

My mother kicked my 18 yr old brother out of the house in 1975 because he was caught with a joint and had sex with the 18 yr old neighbor girl. OMG it was the 70's. My brother has been df'd since 1975.

in 2000 mom needed a place to live. My brother was a real estate agent. Mom called my df'd brother to find an affordable place to live. My brother helped her find a retirement apartment.

When he told me that, I told him he was a better man they I would have been. I would have told she is on her own.

My brother is now dead. my mother missed out in talking to him for 25 years. but the funny thing is she is still in and doesn't feel like she missed out.

At least I know what kind of mother not to be from her example.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    My brother is now dead. my mother missed out in talking to him for 25 years. but the funny thing is she is still in and doesn't feel like she missed out.

loosie, your mother probably has the same attitude as my sister: At least now he has a chance of a resurrection instead of death at Armageddon.

So sad.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Rennia you said:

"the bible has a few scriptures on association what they mean is again upto your viewpoint what you take from it.

• 1 Corinthians 5:9
    I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people—
  • 1 Corinthians 5:11
    But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat.
  • 2 Thessalonians 3:14
    If anyone does not obey our instruction in this letter, take special note of him. Do not associate with him, in order that he may feel ashamed.
  • 1 Corinthians 5:12-13 (New International Version)

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? 13 God will judge those outside. "Expel the wicked man from among you." [a]"

My question is, as before, where does it mention SHUNNING? And what if the person isn't immoral or a drunkard etc, why would a JW have to stop associating with them? Do me the decency and provide me with an answer please so that I can sleep tonight.

Thanks.

• loosie
    loosie

Well journey on he comitted suicide so she doesn't think wonderful Jah will resurect him

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

It is an absolute LIE to claim that somebody cannot be DF for associating with their DF relatives.

I know of two cases in this town alone where that happened.

Never mind what the Elders secret Book says - there are enough other publications with cop out clauses for the Elduhs to do just that if they want to or need to - especially if the non DF relatives are starting to ask inconvenient questions.

This is how the Witchtower has always operated, talking out of both sides of their mouths.

Quote one bit of litterature, and they will find something else to shoot it down. The new study POST DATES the elders book, and is the newer lite.

HB

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Just wanted to second hamster's comment. I personally know people who were disfellowshipped for associating with disfellowshipped relatives who did not live in the same home as them.

Reniaa seems to be in a different religion to the one I'm in. JW-lite??!!

• Mrs. Fiorini
    Mrs. Fiorini

Even if some elder bodies follow the advice in the elder book not to DF people for associating with DF/DA relatives, they keep this information pretty well hidden. If you ask a r&f JW if they could be DFd for doing it, the vast majority would say yes. Otherwise you would see few family members participating in shunning. And since WT article after WT article tells them they should, the natural conclusion among JWs is that they will be punished if they don't follow those rules. This is an understandable conclusion since they will be DFd for associating with non-family who are DF/DA.

IMO the WT wants it that way. They are at risk for bad publicity if they get a lot of people going public with stories about being kicked out of the org for speaking to their own family. Yet they can get the JWs to act that way anyway because they believe they will be DFd for doing it.

As someone who is being shunned by family members myself, (I'm not DF/DA to my knowledge, but started attending another church years after leaving the WT, which is what led to the shunning) I know they would not do this if they didn't feel they had to. I happen to know that it hurts them to do it.

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit