Does Roman Catholicism Teach The "Truth"?

by minimus 180 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Perverted priests (those that have been molesters for decades) can say they are turning tap water into holy water because they as, perverted priests, say so, but I think it's a ridiculous assumption---as if God would utilize these pigs to make something holy.

There were wicked priests in the Bible too. None of the prophets told the people to stop worshipping at the Temple, even when they criticized the wickedness of the men that sat in the seat of Moses and Aaron. Even Jesus did not do this. The functions stem from the position, not from the (fallen) man occupying it. And besides, "good" priests far, far outnumber the "bad" ones.

BTS

• minimus
    minimus

The Catholic Ency. calls it "relative WORSHIP" regarding the saints, crosses and religious symbols. That's naughty.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Worshipping a statue is harmless, why focus on that of all things?

Where did I read we shouldnt bow down to graven images,OOPS Grace
    you must have made it up

• mouthy
    mouthy

"good" priests far, far outnumber the "bad" ones.

Not according to Agenda last night . Father Tom Doyle
    is trying to clean it up.HE is still a Faithful follower of Christ
    as a Catholic OUTSIDE the Corrupt Church

• Amazing
    Amazing

your private 'relationship' standard as you call it
    Matthew 6:6 says >>"And when you pray,do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues & on the street corners to beseen by men, I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door & pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, Will reward you " ... I do this constantly Amazing....

Have you ever seen me pray? No one is saying that praying in private vs public is right or wrong. If one does pray in public for a wrong and hypocritical motive ... than that is wrong. And if pure privacy is the only right thing ... then why would one even acknowledge in public, before thousands of Internet viewers, that one constantly prays in private? Would this not also be the same as doing it to be seen by men ... by openly making such a proclamation? Rather, is not the heart, the motive, what God judges? Then, cannot one pray in public with a right motive? Jesus prayed before a crowd of 5,000 ... the Apostles prayed before thousands on the day of Pentecost ... so clearly, they understood Jesus in the light of what he was teaching ... and not making a rule that one can only find honest prayer in one's bedroom ... for if we take Jesus always literally, we will soon have to pluck out our eyes for sinning!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Just because a roman catholic asks a saint for help or guidance, doesn't mean the roman catholic is worshipping the saint. When you ask your best friend for help and guidance, are you worshipping your friend?

I really wish someone would have pointed out this simple and obvious concept to my family in the early '70s when the JWs first came to our door. It could have saved us a lot of pain.

I wonder how much of this anti-catholic sentiment is residual watchtower indoctrination. The JWs seemed to concentrate on trashing catholicism much more than other religions, even though other religions also have their share of skeletons in their closets.

W

• mouthy
    mouthy

I presume that NO ONE on here watched "AGENDA" last night on Channell 2

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I didn't watch AGENDA. I don't know what their AGENDA could be.

But I've met priests, there are three at my church, my brother has been in seminary, and my father is going to be a deacon, so I've met a few thriugh their associations, and they have all been very good men from what I could tell.

BTS

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I presume that NO ONE on here watched "AGENDA" last night on Channell 2

No, I put on my Dirty Dozen DVD last night. I love that movie.

W

• minimus
    minimus

My mother and father were raised as Catholics. I see many similarities between the Witnesses and Catholics. The elders are very similar to priests. The GB and COs are much like the Pope and cardinals. GUILT is what they both sponsor.Obedience to the Church or Organization= God' s approval.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit