Does Roman Catholicism Teach The "Truth"?

by minimus 180 Replies latest jw friends

• cluless
    cluless

I have many Catholic friends who attend church every sunday.

I go to there after service to play ping-pong.

My Catholic friends have unconditional love for there congrgation and for me who has never attended a church service.( And this love is not on me converting)

Cluless

• minimus
    minimus

I'm not saying people who are Catholics are vile horrible people. I think the religion clearly is not "The Truth".

• StAnn
    StAnn

Minimus, you don't have to believe Catholicism is true. You're free to think for yourself now.

Re: holy water, the holy water for sale on the internet is from Lourdes and other places where it is believed that the water has miraculous healing properties. None of the holy water for sale on discountcatholicstore.com is run of the mill holy water. As a matter of fact, the descriptions of the bottles of holy water say "You can refill it with Holy Water blessed by your local priest."

I have a rosary with a little bit of Lourdes holy water encased in it.

Catholic Churches have containers full of holy water and most of us take our own containers to church and fill them ourselves. The Holy Water at church is merely tap water that has been blessed by the priest, not miraculous water from one of the shrines.

St. Ann

• donny
    donny

I don't know of any religion that can be called "the truth". When people use the word "truth" in this manner, it renders the word null and void since the meaning becomes sunjective to whomever is interpreting it. Even the JW's, who use this word more than most, cannot give a good answer to the question "what is truth?". You ask 20 people and will get 20 answers.

Don

• cluless
    cluless

Minimus

"The Truth"?

• minimus
    minimus

Sure....certain believers say they have "The Truth''. some RCCs believe that.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Minimus, it is clear to you that the RCC is not true but others disagree with you. It is clear to me that the RCC is the church founded by Jesus. I have divine faith in Jesus.

Amazing, you said that you came back into the Church just by going to confession/reconciliation? Did your priest tell you that you had to sit in the pews every Sunday for a year with your mouth shut while those around you shunned you to PROVE to the priest that you were truly repentant? Or did he welcome you back with open arms, like the father of the Prodigal son?

St. Ann

• mouthy
    mouthy

I think the religion clearly is not "The Truth

"I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH & THE LIFE" <<<<JUSUS!
    NO religion has all Truth but Christ does. IN MY OPINION>
    Amazing. You can follow what religion you want. But as for ME!!!!
    I will follow the Lord.Not by Tradition .But by love!!!
    Must admit though my love weakens,when folks like Catholics
    Cover over transgressions.As was CLEARLY revealed on "AGENDA" last night
    I should know I was involved with HUNDREDS of Catholics( my hubbys family
    Lovely folks but followers of the Catholic RULES!!!!!
    So you were encouraged by Tom... I love Tom also BUT what was it said?
    1st Corth 3:5-9
    "What then is Apollos( TOM) what is Paul ( Amazing)
    Ministers through whom you became believers( NOT OF A CHURCH my adding)
    Even as the LORD granted each one, I planted,Apollos watered but GOD
    who makes it grow,so that he that plants & he that waters are one.
    but each will receive his own reward according to his own labor
    FOR WE ARE GODS FELLOW WORKERS,YOU PEOPLE ARE GODS field UNDER cultivation
    Gods building."

• cluless
    cluless

The "truth "is this board exits because of the commitment humour and dedication of the posters-

Any organisation that allows that sort of communication is okay with me.

Rock -On the congregation of the Catholic Church I attend as a non_church member after servive ping-pong player-

Cluless.

• mouthy
    mouthy

So then... I dont have to go to a building...
    I am a brick,IN this building ,as I think you are.
    But lets not look to the churches & the men in them
    as holy ,,,, the ones like us who lie, cheat, steal, etc. Lets look to the REAL Truth
    Jesus ,We dont have to listen to men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit