Debunking the "great crowd" of "other sheep" concept - new video

by Awakened at Gilead 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Further research that I did in Gilead that led me out of the bOrg...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syPppYSo6aE

Enjoy!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Excellent!

Thank you.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Cool.

Important point to note are...

Revelation 19

1 After this I heard what sounded like the roar of a great multitude in heaven

They are in heaven at this point before the throne (v5). This agrees.
    Revelation 7:9 (New International Version)

9 After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands. They are from every nation, Jews and Gentiles alike. They are anyone who has faith such as the long list in Hebrews 11.

Hebrews 12:1 (New International Version)

1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses

There are a cloud and surround us because they are currently in Heaven. In Revelation 20 they all come down "out of heaven", it says so twice.

2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 9 One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls full of the seven last plagues came and said to me, "Come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb." 10 And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. All believers live in the city on the earth, even God. That was His plan from the beginning. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. The main other point is that Paul was on a mission from Jesus to the Gentiles (the other flock) as Jesus predicted. The main killer is Jesus' words Himself.
    John 10:16 (New International Version)

16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.

John 17:11 (New International Version)

11 I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one.

John 17:20-22 (New International Version)

Jesus Prays for All Believers

20 "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, 21 that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one.

Of course, the JW with the "earthly hope" have the WT as their shepherd, not Jesus :(

All the best, Stephen

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

A@G, I enjoyed that immensely as I had my morning coffee break, keep up the good work. I only hope that active JW's get to watch that video and more..

PS - As you invited us to open our Bibles to Revelation, did that bring back memories of speaking from the platform? I marked you as a "G" overall, with an "I" for use of camera and a "W" for personal grooming. Now that brings back memories....

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

I loved the ending. That quote from the 1954 WT explains JW's so precisely.

• possible-san
    possible-san

Awakened at Gilead,

Thank you for your video.

I use your video for English study (hearing).
    I am learning English from you.

possible

• sspo
    sspo

Thanks for your hard work in exposing the lies from the GB

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Great clip. I find topics like this incredible, because it is so simple, yet I never noticed or heard about it as a studious JW.

• The term "great crowd of other sheep" never appears in the bible.
    • Revelation states the great crowd are in heaven - Rev 19:1, and stand before the throne.
    • Jesus said the other sheep would join the one fold, not the other way around, that there would be one fold that would become two.
  • Chalam
    Chalam

It is interesting how simple the bible becomes when one isn't studying as a JW! No wonder Jesus says to enter the Kingdom, one has to become as a child-simple understand and full of faith.

If I ask my JW friend about the bible, he usually needs two weeks and much CD-ROM searching to come up with an answer. Nine times out of ten, if isn't even worth waiting for as it makes absolutely no sense at all.

All the best,

Stephen

• possible-san
    possible-san

jwfacts,

Recently, it was written in the bulletin board of ex-Jehovah's Witness website in Japan that your website is marvelous.
    That person said that he is reading the articles written by you, consulting an English-Japanese dictionary.

possible

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit