Convention-Assembly CONTRIBUTIONS, Elder Experience Required

by V 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sinis
    sinis

"My old man was the Presiding Overseer for years. I know that hel told me several times that when the elders meeting is called and the chair says that we will donate $5,000 (example) to the worldwide work or to the WTS that someone had to second it. If you raised your hand and seconded the motion and a lack of sufficient funds were taken in during the assembly time to meet the obligation, whoever seconded it was responsible for the difference. He commented that he mistakenly seconded a resolution once, only to be told this my the more wealthy elders who historically were the only ones who seconded transactions involving money donations, etc."

Most stupid nonsense I ever read!

BS!!! What the fuck are you talking about??? I asked him again and he said YES, if a donation to a particular program was being made it required a seconding. My father seconded one donation and after the meeting the city overseer told him to be careful that if they did not make the money, he could potentially be asked to pay the money himself.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wow... looking forward to the vid, "V"... and bookmarked for JT's thread...

Thanks all,
    Baba

• watson
    watson

Sinus,

Just because someone told him the way they did, doesn't mean that that is the "procedure."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit