Convention-Assembly CONTRIBUTIONS, Elder Experience Required

by V 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• V
    V

Do you have experience as an elder and the contribution arrangement for assemblies or conventions? An upcoming Watchtower Comments video will be exposing the resolution arrangement that makes this a cash-cow for the Society.

I am particularly interested in recent experience, including countries other than the US.

Let's get our facts straight and explain the ever-present "deficit" once and for all.

V
    [email protected]

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I believe the Branch manual contains written instructions regarding how that works.

http://elsewhereishere.com/jw/branch_organization_manual_bo-e.pdf

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

All I know is that we had a blackboard, with some figures on it w/current donations, the amount due for the co's apartment and a figure that indicated expenses for the assembly (which I never knew how that worked), then there'd be some amount which was decided to go to the WWW and we'd raise our hands indicating we'd agree and then we'd eat lunch.

I never knew any more than that in the 15 years I served (they still haven't announced my resignation 2 months ago)

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

V

PM or email me....

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Sent you an email...

• VM44
    VM44

There was a poster on JWD that was once a convention accounts servant who made a posting giving a detailed report as to why the conventions always are short on contributions.

Basically it is because before the convention starts, it is decided how much money will be sent back to Brooklyn, and that amount is considered an "expense"!!!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Just wanted to say I cant wait for this video!

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Ditto..

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Deficits, just for everyones basic info, comes from a dollar amount determined by the Assembly Hall Op Committee and the branch, which will break down expense numbers for that particular building, divide it by the amount of total active publishers per circuit (or break it down by A, B, or C side) and then come up with a total number for that group....

If that predetermined number is not met, then there is a deficit... That doesn't mean there is a loss per se. And yeah, that number can be played with for sure...

• sinis
    sinis

My old man was the Presiding Overseer for years. I know that hel told me several times that when the elders meeting is called and the chair says that we will donate $5,000 (example) to the worldwide work or to the WTS that someone had to second it. If you raised your hand and seconded the motion and a lack of sufficient funds were taken in during the assembly time to meet the obligation, whoever seconded it was responsible for the difference. He commented that he mistakenly seconded a resolution once, only to be told this my the more wealthy elders who historically were the only ones who seconded transactions involving money donations, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit