How Should We Deal With "Pirates"?

by minimus 116 Replies latest jw friends

• recovering
    recovering

Political correctness has nothing to do with it. Racist speach is just abhorant period and degrades whatever your argument is. I have no problem with the pirates being dealt with harshly. I do have issues with racist comments about an entire people.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

YOU ARE BEING LIED TO ABOUT PIRATES

In 1991, the government of Somalia - in the Horn of Africa - collapsed.

Its 9 million people have been teetering on starvation ever since - and many of the ugliest forces in the Western world have seen this as a great opportunity to steal the country’s food supply and dump our nuclear waste in their seas.

Yes: nuclear waste.

As soon as the government was gone, mysterious European ships started appearing off the coast of Somalia, dumping vast barrels into the ocean.

The coastal population began to sicken.

At first they suffered strange rashes, nausea and malformed babies.

Then, after the 2005 tsunami, hundreds of the dumped and leaking barrels washed up on shore.

People began to suffer from radiation sickness, and more than 300 died.

U.N. envoy to Somalia, tells me: “Somebody is dumping nuclear material here. There is also lead and heavy metals such as cadmium and mercury - you name it.”

Much of it can be traced back to European hospitals and factories, who seem to be passing it on to the Italian mafia to “dispose” of cheaply.

When I asked Ould-Abdallah what European governments were doing about it, he said with a sigh: “Nothing. There has been no cleanup, no compensation and no prevention.”

At the same time, other European ships have been looting Somalia’s seas of their greatest resource: seafood.

We have destroyed our own fish stocks by over-exploitation - and now we have moved on to theirs.

More than $300 million worth of tuna, shrimp, lobster and other sea life is being stolen every year by vast trawlers illegally sailing into Somalia’s unprotected seas.

The local fishermen have suddenly lost their livelihoods, and they are starving. Mohammed Hussein, a fisherman in the town of Marka 100km south of Mogadishu, told Reuters: “If nothing is done, there soon won’t be much fish left in our coastal waters.”

This is the context in which the men we are calling “pirates” have emerged.

http://www.infowars.com/you-are-being-lied-to-about-pirates/

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

Cameo, are you saying that the pirates are actually former fisherman making an alternative income flow?...

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well... I need to catch up on the national news on this. I was not aware that the Captain had been rescued. This is good.

As to what should be done? I am only playing 'arm-chair quarterback' here, but from what little I know, I see this as a 'business-opportunity'. I feel that some wise ex-military commando should start a new company.

The new company's business would be to place 3 to 6 ex-military commandos on-board ships that have to travel these pirate-infested waters. Their main goal? To protect the ship and its' crew. How to do this? Blow any speedboat or other small craft that approaches it - without authorization.

No prisoners - no negotiations - no worries.

If word gets back to the other 'pirates' that they may get blown outta the water - they may think twice about this line of work.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Ships on board should have around the clock armed security, it would be the cheapest solution and maybe the most effective.

There are many weapons available now that could do serious damage to any unwanted flotation device if it was deemed a threat.

A scout armed with a strong light for night time attacks could trigger an alarm alerting the rest of the crew and spur everyone on

board to take action.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Jim_TX

"I feel that some wise ex-military commando should start a new company.

The new company's business would be to place 3 to 6 ex-military commandos on-board ships that have to travel these pirate-infested waters. Their main goal? To protect the ship and its' crew."

Yeah, you got a lot of news to catch up on.

October 16, 2008 (these things have been planned for a long time and are being staged!)

Somalian Pirates to be Taken On by Blackwater

Blackwater3_2 Security analysts and the Somali government are publicly flirting with the idea of hiring mercenaries to stop the pirates that are terrorizing east Africa. Now, the notorious guns-for-fire at Blackwater are responding to the call, with a resounding arrrr!!!!!

"Blackwater Worldwide today announced that its 183-foot ship, the McArthur, stands ready to assist the shipping industry as it struggles with the increasing problem of piracy in [Somalia's] Gulf of Aden," the firm says in a statement. "As a company founded and run by former Navy SEALs, with a 50,000-person database of former military and law enforcement professionals, Blackwater is uniquely positioned to assist the shipping industry."

• minimus
    minimus

Barbie Doll, yes, I'm glad the pirates got taken out. I'm glad the captain and crew are ok.

• minimus
    minimus

Now it appears that the pirates will go after French and American hostages. Nice.

• hubert
    hubert

It's bound to escalate, Min.

The world will have to do what they do with the airlines, ie: have some type of security people on board some of these ships.

It doesn't have to be all of them. The pirates may be detered from attacking these vessels once they find out some are armed, and not knowing which ones are.

Hubert

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

The strongest defense is a well-maintained offense. Any ships from the US taking that route should be fully armed, and with US, Interpol marshalls on board. There should be TWO carrier ships always patrolling that particular pathway, ready at alert to rescue hijacked ships. It should be known that all known pirates will be shot on sight, and if you do this, you will be shot, no getting around it! All personnel aboard these trading ships should be taught about piracy, and tactics. I agree with O'Bamas declaration that they should be shot on sight. It's protection of our American citizens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit