WILL THERE EVER BE A JW REVOLUTION?

by african GB Member 21 Replies latest jw friends

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Raymond Franzized (that is, disfellowshipped)

Another wonderful word coined by WTWizard!

I don't think there will be any revolution.

I think very soon there will be more scientific articles brought out in the mags to show how jehover is making miracles of restoration happen.

I think very soon they will start wowing the crowds with technology and get them in a tailspin.

Once they start dangling new age defying technology the crowds will be on the edge of their seats again and it will just be too too late to get anyone out then.

They won't care what "mistakes" WT has made in the past.

They will have their eyes glued to "the prize".

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

There will never be a 'revolution' or major schism unless they discard some or all of their major doctrines in favour of those taught by mainstream Christianity, as happened with the Worldwide Church of God after Herbert Armstrong died. As long as the Watchtower still teaches that blend of core beliefs that JW's regard as immutable and 100% unquestionable (no Trinity, no immortal soul, no hellfire, eternal life on paraide earth) that largely sets them apart from "Babylon the Great" with her pagan-derived dogmas, the Watchtower leaders can fiddle as much as they like around the edges of their creedal structure and nothing much will change. The day will probably come when future JW leaders make drastic changes or totally abandon many/all of their speculative, mostly chronology-based creeds and bad policies (which is already long overdue), but as long as the leadership sticks with those core teachings the great majority of JW's will always stay loyal to the Watchtower Society.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Well if they do revolt automatically they would not be JW.. JW don't revolt they obey.

• reniaa
    reniaa

No there will always be a core of people like myself that see the pearl of great value that being able to believe in One Almighty God Jehovah is and his actual son Jesus compared to 1700 years of oppression under forced trinity worship and now forced evolution worship.

We pick our own Road but I prefer my One God Christian belief.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Honestly, Reniaa, you really do talk a lot of rubbish.

Enforced trinity worship?

Good luck with your unquestioning obedience of the Governing Body, hope that works out well for you.

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

I wouldn't take what Reniaa says very seriously, especialy today....

Agent Smith

• Caedes
    Caedes
    Forced evolution worship.

Face/palm.

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

Once again big cheers to V and his team!!!

(where is the applaus smiley?)

Agent Smith

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Nope.

Disfellowshippig, shunning, and a cultivated fear of the outside world keeps them in it. In the deep recesses of their minds, lots of Witnesses know that there's something wrong (several have admitted this to me)...but they stick with JW-ism because the risk is too great. They don't want to lose their families, friends, (for some) business relationships, etc. In other words, staying in the Watchtower is the course of least resistance.

And for some of these folks, I think staying in the Watchtower is a rational decision--if they can mentally handle the cognitive dissonance. If you wonder who these people are, look around your congregation. Think about the born-in brothers who are not "reaching out." The brothers and sisters who buy new houses, accept promotions, pursue higher education for themselves and/or their children. Also, think about the married sisters who work full-time even though they could get by without the money.

Some of these people are sticking with the Watchtower because it's the course of least resistance. Think about it. If they really believed that these are critical times, and the end is right around the corner, would they be going to college? Would they be working full-time? NO, they would be engaging in the full-time ministry! The fact that so many JWs are content to live a "normal" life (2 meetings a week plus Saturday a.m. door-knocking) shows a latent skepticism toward the counsel of the FDS.

But they stick with it...because leaving is not worth the trouble.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Witness revolution....brothers wearing white socks to Meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit