How long does reinstatement take?!? Question for a elder or someone thats been in this situation

by N-kiki 64 Replies latest jw friends

• N-kiki
  • Quirky1
    Quirky1

Why would you want to go back?

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

welcome to JWN n-kiki

lots of experience re disfellowshipping on this board . So you are in good hands

I've known reinstatements to occur in 6 months to a year.

ql

• N-kiki
  • Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I saw an elders son get reinstated after 2 months. I knew another guy who was df'd for smoking some time before I joined the cult. He was out at least 10 years. He had no relatives with titles.

W

• Open mind
    Open mind

Make sure you're totally humble and make no excuses for what you did.

I remember a comment from Elder's School along these lines:

"The degree of discipline should be commensurate with the degre of deviation" (from Godly standards)

6 months is about the quickest I've heard of. 7 years is the longest.

A year or so is probably about average.

What are your reasons for wanting to go back?

om

• Open mind
    Open mind

Oops, didn't see your reasons.

Totally understandable.

If you're not afraid to have your universe rocked, keep reading here.

If you're not ready for that, close the browser like they command you too at the District Convention.

om

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hi N-kiki..Welcome to to the forum

When I was am elder, some 10 years ago, there was no set time period for re instatement .I believe the book said something like "A considerable time" , whatever that may mean.

In practice, I have known it vary between several weeks,say 2 or 3 months minimum and 2 or 3 years. It all depends on the elders assessment, how serious your actions were, how they view your attitude now, how well connected your family is, how well they like you, and so on . They look for repentance so when it comes to a hearing it is a time for grovelling shamefaced repentance on your part. After all, these men are human and judge on what they see.

After six months attending, I would ask for a reinstatement hearing , if they say yes you have gained , if they say no , at least you have registered your intention..

As somebody said, Do you really want to go back and miss the chance of a new life in freedom??? But if you do, Good luck..

• Warlock
    Warlock

Funny how the teaching is to confess your sins to Jehovah and he forgives in a large way. He does not call your past sins to mind.

Too bad "His Organization" doesn't.

Are they the readers of your heart?

Warlock

• sir82
    sir82

Every body of elders is different, and every case is different.

The minimum is usually 6 months, but in some cases where there is cronyism on the BOE and one of their friends is DF'ed, it might take only 3 months. On the other hand, if one or more of the elders on the committee holds a grudge, it may take many years.

If you are lucky (in the sense that you actually want to return), you might have elders who genuinely try to do what they perceive is right - and they'll reinstate you soon, if they perceive you are making an effort.

If you are unlucky and have real SOBs on your committee, you might be waiting a good deal longer yet.

It is completely arbitrary and most often unfair. It depends 100% on the whims and personalities of the elders involved - your "repentence" has zilch to do with it.

They don't need to check with the CO first, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit