Feeling well sad/depressed

by Ohio Nana 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Ohio Nana
    Ohio Nana

My JW daughter wanted me to come to the meeting tonight as the D.O. is there this week and giving the talk and I sort of said I would but I just can't make myself get dressed in my JW duds and go. I haven't seen my granddaughters for a month since they live 20 minutes from KH one way and I live about 20 minutes from it in the other direction.I think I kept going as long as I did just to see them.Not that my daughter won't let me see them but with school and all the JW stuff they are busy every evening seems like.And I don't like to make waves since daughter is dealing with her husband being DF'd and has so much stress without me adding to it.I try to be understanding and hope she will wake up one day and be free of the JW's.Her husband was a JW and got her into it and now he is DF'd and enjoying it alot but she is carrying on with it.Reading your life story posts helps me so much.I wish I could get her to read some of them.

O.N.

• ninja
    ninja

hang in there O.N.......you never know when things will take a turn for the better......

keep smiling granny

da ninja

• yknot
    yknot

So is her hubby still smoking?

How is he 'enjoying' being DFd?

I think you should go to see the kids and to reaffirm family bonds with your daughter.

Maybe go out to eat before or arrange for ice cream afterwards.

If you still are a Xian, keep spiritual conversations limited to Jesus.

Then if the DO talk has some outrageous points you can rant about them here to blow of steam.

Many of us have to 'bite the bullet' every once in awhile for family harmony.

Let us know what happens...

• yknot
    yknot

odd double post.....

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Hope you feel better soon.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

If I remember correctly, you're not baptized. If you don't want to go to the meetings, then don't. But you also shouldn't make promises that you can't keep. Since your son in law is df'd and you're not baptized, it may be easier for your daughter to get out too. Why not try some positive reinforcement like inviing your daughter and her whole family to dinner after the Sunday meeting or lunch after Saturday field service? The more times you can provide pleasant gatherings for her and her family, the less time she wll have to spend with jws. Maybe her focus will shift to you and her husband and kids instead of attending meetings and going out in service.

• flipper
    flipper

OHIO NANA- I like Jamie's suggestion to have your daughter and her hubby for dinner and a visit. That way you can see your grandchildren and it will emphasize to your JW daughter the importance of family over the Jehovah's Witness cult. And who knows ? With a DFed husband it may only be a matter of time before your daughter starts doubting the cult as well. Hang in there and keep your chin up. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Don't go. But if you must, I advise bringing a MP3 recorder to record the boasting session (better than taking notes that can be corrupted if the hounders see you taking apostate ones). Once you get home, post the MP3 file online and take your notes, along with how you feel about the talks. You will be able to compare the material in the talks with the Bible, real life, or both in the privacy of your own home, and post anything you see where they are trying to coerce or force people to believe anything that is wrong.

And, if they waste 15 minutes discussing why you need to pio-sneer or attend all the boasting sessions, you can skip ahead through those parts and post that the majority of the talk is the hounder-hounder-hounder telling everyone why they can and should pio-sneer or that they must not miss boasting sessions. Ditto if they waste time telling you to not cross-reference the lies.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

My grandchildren live five minutes from me...but with work, school, and homework and life, I don't get to see them everyday, ...so my daughter and I have made arangements for me to pick up one, two or all three of them or Fridays and keep them for the weekend. Then she picks them up at my house on Sunday, late afternoon/early evening.

hehehe....today is Friday. woohoo.

picture of all three;

and another...

Maybe your daughter will make a deal with ya.

another cute picture...

sorry for taking over your thread..I got on a roll....

lisa

• Quandry
    Quandry

By all means, invite them all over for a meal. Just enjoy being together. Play games in the backyard. Get everyone involved. I think your daughter really needs you right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit