My email discussions with a JW (part I)

by AjaxMan 22 Replies latest jw friends

• indireneed
    indireneed

I agree, Ajaxman.

To a large extent, Jesus was a radical dissident from the Pharisee way of life that consisted of rule after useless rule. Jesus took a stand against that and proclaimed that it wasn't the actions that made a man clean but the inner spirituality.

Unfortunately, though, our knowledge of Jesus' position on this subject is a bit limited: he never spoke as clearly as Paul. If we assume that Paul speaks from God, however, then we can look at his letters to understand an even greater truth - works manifest themselves by faith, not the other way around.

It doesn't matter how much I try to be a good person - it won't turn me into a Christian. Rather, becoming a Christian should turn me into a better person.

That's the way it should be though . . . the problem is that I've met few good Christians who truly understand freedom, love and understanding.

• Escargot
    Escargot

indireneed, ajaxman:

Well written!! Very well stated. indireneed, have you read Ray Franz two books? Hope you do, esp. the second book really shows good points on the JW teachings....

• Unclepenn1
    Unclepenn1

indireneed, well put, both posts. And Ajaxman, yes I agree with you also.

>That's the way it should be though . . . the problem is that I've met few good Christians who truly understand freedom, love and understanding.

Nice to make your acquaintence

Penn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit