Would god (even if he DID exist) deserve to be worshiped?

by mkr32208 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

jstalin,

I think you and I agree. God is not found in those stories. He is conspicuously missing, in my opinion.

The author of the story is a believer. I was trying to point out the irony in the belief of the Lord "having a plan" and that awful suffering, pain and misery. Some see God in that. I do not.

-LWT

• snowbird
    snowbird

I see a god, but not The God.

The "a" god must be almost delirious with glee at the outcome of things.

Sylvia

• journey-on
    journey-on

Whether you know it or not, you worship "God" everyday if you let your life be guided by the spirit of Love and if what you demonstrate in your reality is built on its true essense, which, btw, is the nature of the creator. If you do this, then you are "worshipping" in spirit and truth (reality), IMO.

Some of you just don't acknowledge it because when a title like "God" is applied to "some entity out there somewhere", you want to argue and compete with this force because you can't comprehend anything other than a literal OT-type personage. Many of you are bitter and obstinate and want to blame somebody (usually something labelled God) for everything from a sucky personal life to plane crashes and children starving in Africa. Its semantics, imo, that inhibit some otherwise intelligent people, from seeing with seeing eyes and hearing with hearing ears.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Every time you do something good, act out of love, you are worshipping God.

BTS

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

OOOOOH someone bumped my thread! I'm all tingly!!!!

How so burn? How often does 'god' show love? Every time he puts his giant hand down to dip a drowning sailor from the sea? Or when he steps in to save a horribly burned child? Or when he stops a rape and murder? Oh yeah god does NOTHING!

Did you see the movie watchmen? I know it was over the heads of many but you should watch it and THINK about it. When the comedian shoots the pregnant mother of his child and 'god' just stands there and watches what does that show? The comedian says 'you could have stopped it, you could have turned the gun to flowers, or the bullet to bubbles, but you DIDN'T, you just stood there. Your as guilty as me...'

Your god is an abomination. Your god is worse than the big blue guys because from your gods own admission it's because of his selfish ego that sin entered the world and death through sin. You 'god' has killed more people than hitler, more than stalin, more than the black death... In fact EVERY death has been YOUR gods FAULT!

Every child that lies beside a mother dead of AIDS and slowly starves to death while watching as the maggots eat the mothers face is the fault of YOUR god. Every woman lying on her back in a dark alley with her life blood pouring from a knife wound inflicted by her rapist begging 'please god...' Is your gods fault. Every old man who freezes to death in the dark with a moth eaten blanket wrapped around his huddled form is YOUR GODS FAULT!

Your god is twisted, and your belief in that monster has twisted you...

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Your god is twisted

My god is good. He made all the beautiful things that exist. He made you. He made me. He made the beautiful universe, and he made us capable of loving and thinking and choosing. Without free will there might have been no human suffering, but there also would not be the possibility of love, either for God or for each other. What did Jesus say were the two greatest commandments?
    Both of us have our origin in God. Don't you see that He is what sustains you right now at this instant? If He stopped you would simply cease to be. All of us would cease to be. You are not self-contained. You are not BEING. You are dependent. All of us are. God sustains you. God loves you unconditionally. He IS love.

If we were made to suffer, why bother creating us then? Isn't that cruel?

Good that we cannot imagine will come out of our suffering.
    No evil that we can do will not ultimately be turned into good by Him. We live in the best possible universe, where we can be free to choose as we will, even if that means evil. There can be no love without choice, since love is a free choice, and there can be no choosing love without the possibility of choosing the opposite.

As St. Augustine wrote, God would not allow any evil to exist unless out of it he could draw a greater good. This is part of the wisdom and goodness of God.

Death is not the final answer, and our suffering is not meaningless. The glass is far more than half full, but you complain about the shadows which would not exist if there was no light. You blame the shadows on the light!

and your belief in that monster has twisted you.

How has it twisted me? That I believe that the ultmate reality is love and light? That the source of all that exists is goodness and truth? That I believe that I ought to strive to be like that? How does that twist me?

Sadly, I suspect that you are twisted. Sadly. Twisted by the lies you were indoctrinated with in the JWs, and twisted by the hate and anger that discovering the lies has elicited in you.

BTS

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    Don't you see that He is what sustains you right now at this instant?

No, that is damn near a dictionary definition of sociopathy... Only exist because of god? You are a buffoon...

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Every time you do something good, act out of love, you are worshipping God.

So I *don't* worship God. Whew!

• Spook
    Spook

I cannot imagine a god wanting worship or glory. I can't imagine a very powerful being wanting anything, for that matter.

I further cannot imagine what the purpose of god's life would be. If she can have a life without external meaning fully defined by her nature - so can I.

Worship is complete betrayal and abdication of human dignity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit