TV Shows: Jumped the Shark, but You Still Love Them?

by leavingwt 19 Replies latest social entertainment

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I came here to see if someone mentioned Lost, so I could defend the world's most perfect TV show with reckless abandon.
    LeavingWT, you have been warned.

Doctor,

I've seen every episode. It's 10% brilliant and 90% contrived, confusing melodrama that smells of shark.

I'm still going to watch it until the end.

-LWT

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Survivor

I think there's a difference between a show jumping the shark, and a premise becoming stale. I've never really watched it, but has the show actually changed any?

Keyser,

If I were to be completely honest, it jumped the shark as soon as the first season ended.

I can't turn away. Some seasons are better than others, as some contestants are quite boring.

-LWT

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Does HULU count? If so, I love RAINES it was brilliant. Canceled in 2007, it was great. Hope you've see it while its still there. W.Once

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    The office was basically barf, imo. Sitcoms are stupid, imo

Thank you. I know where you stand.

Trust me, I cannot stand most sitcoms. However, occasionally there is an exception. Seinfeld and the first three seasons of The Office are genuis IMO. Obviously, art cannot be measured, only appreciated, so I respect your opinion.

-LWT

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Does HULU count? If so, I love RAINES it was brilliant. Canceled in 2007, it was great. Hope you've see it while its still there. W.Once

WO, I missed that one. Did it have Jeff Goldblum in it? He's awesome. I would have probably liked it.

-LWT

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    No show has jumped as bad as MadTV.

Leo,

You know who I adored on that show? Nicole Sullivan. I'm happy to see she has a new show. I haven't seen it, but I think she has lots-o-talent.

-LWT

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Heroes. I'm about ready to give up on it though.

I've already given up on Big Love.

Chris,

I watched the first season of Heroes and few episodes of season 2.

I had to stop watching when I WANTED the main characters to get killed. FWIW, I thought Season 1, with the exception of the finale, was pretty darn good.

-LWT

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Nicole Sullivan, Debra Wilson, and Will Sasso were all extremely talented and very entertaining. Debra was my favorite. Alex Borstein, Mo Collins, and Aries Spears were also very, very good. Then they all left by 2003 or so. Michael McDonald, whom I never liked, hung on like forever, and while there were some early replacements that were pretty good (I liked Stephanie Weir, Frank Caliendo, and Ike Barinholtz), these left as well and then we were left with crappy insufferable performers like Bobby Lee and Crista Flanagan, although I liked Nicole Parker and Keegan-Michael Key a bit -- if they were given good material to do. But the writing slid big time when the big performers left, and I think the last really funny inspired sketch was the iRack skit from early 2007. It was abysmal for so long since, while SNL was getting better and better. Bobby Lee was absolutely dreadful as John McCain, Bobby Lee's 24 skits were so unfunny, and pretty much everything with Bobby Lee was bad. Then in fall 2007, the network got rid of the set, theme song, and changed the whole format of the show. I guess the show was dead already and the network was just trying to dig a deeper grave. I know that all the fans on IMDB totally hated the format change. I was surprised it stayed on the air as long as it did.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Debra Wilson

Nice wrack. (.)(.)

Sorry. hardly can stand watching tv.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Yes, Raines is still on HULU. Check it out LeavingWT. W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit