TV Shows: Jumped the Shark, but You Still Love Them?

by leavingwt 19 Replies latest social entertainment

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Which TV shows do you STILL watch, even though you will admit that they jumped the shark months or years ago?

For me, that would be Survivor, 24 and Lost. I fear that The Office is beginning to smell of fish, too.

-LWT

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I stopped watching 24 midway through last season, and with the year break, I haven't been back. I watched Boston Legal till the end even though it had jumped seasons earlier. Craig Ferguson isn't as good as he used to be (particularly since CBS forced that inane commercial break in the first minutes of the show), but I still watch hoping for a show as good as the classics in the past, and I don't think it has officially jumped yet. Oh, a good one is Numb3rs. It rocked the first two seasons and even the third was okay. Now it is completely ridiculous. But I still watched even the laughable episode last Friday night. I guess I still have a thing for David Krumholtz.

No show has jumped as bad as MadTV. It was awesone till about 2002 and then it slid with the new cast coming in, and was quite bad by 2006, but then the network tried to do everything it could to kill the show in 2007-2008 by getting rid of all the things that were still good in it. I think I watched only one show from the last season, which mercifully was finally put down only a few months into the season.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Lost for me too. I WILL watch it to the end but it lost it's magic a while back.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Heroes. I'm about ready to give up on it though.

I've already given up on Big Love.

That's about the TV that I watch.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Lost interest in lost, heroes, and 24. The office was basically barf, imo. Sitcoms are stupid, imo. I always liked alias. Not sure if it's still on.

S

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I came here to see if someone mentioned Lost, so I could defend the world's most perfect TV show with reckless abandon.

LeavingWT, you have been warned.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

24 I stopped watching when Heroes was put in the same time slot. Now I've lost interest in Heroes, too. Lost jumped the shark after season 3, but I still watch, just to see how it all plays out.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Survivor

I think there's a difference between a show jumping the shark, and a premise becoming stale. I've never really watched it, but has the show actually changed any?

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Ghost Hunters and Ghost Hunters international. Both absolutely dreadful, but yet I can't look away!

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

I agree with drwtsn32. Lost still brings me in, week after week, wondering what's going to happen next. I don't have it all explained to me in one big lump, and, for the most part, the writers play fair with the viewers.

Unlike "Heroes", which had a great first half of a First season, then got as repetitive and boring as a Marvel comic from the 70's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit