Happy to finally join the family

by JustWantTruth 42 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome. It is heart breaking to hear what is happening with your family. Many of us have been through the same and are here to support you whatever happens.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

WELCOME TO THE BOARD.

• mostlydead
    mostlydead

Hello JWT! It's very difficult to suddenly have to curb the impulse to speak out when you observe these errors and contradictions, when you've been taught all your life to do just the opposite (to those of 'the world' of course.) I agree with the posters who've encouraged you to be cool, especially until you're done with school. Sometimes we're convinced of things mentally long before we're prepared to act on them emotionally. Give yourself time for your emotions to catch up to your knowledge. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this, there's very little more difficult in life than what you're going through. I know you'll find a lot of encouragement and good advice here.

• dinah
    dinah

Welcome!!! Our cyber-family is a bit dysfunctional at times.....but I love it! Glad you got to join!

• Truth and Justice
    Truth and Justice

Hi JustwantTruth,

Its a pleasure to have you, this a good place to truly encourage and upbuild those who are suffering. I'm sure your story will inspire people. I too have hope that the other half of my immediate family will be rescued. I pray daily for them to get out, and it is certainly something I have not given up on, and that is my praying to my Heavenly Father for real strength.

May Happy Trails come your way!

Sincerely, Truth and Justice

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Wow. That was quite some first post.

I have been here for years and not told that much about my situation.

Welcome to the forum

Chris

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Hi JWT, welcome. It seems like we are in the same position in many ways. You express yourself better though. I got in trouble and called an "apostate" by some of my family and friends because I brought out truthful things about the Organization. So now I am underground, and I use reverse psychology, or something like it. If you read my posts you will see. It's working for me. Basically what I do it I say, "I believe in the Organization and the GB no matter what." Then I bring out whatever truth I have been researching. Then I say again, "But I will wait on Jehovah and his Organization."

It's working pretty good for me.

BF

• cawshun
    cawshun

welcome, the more the merrier

• JustWantTruth
    JustWantTruth

Hey thanks everyone for all the love, encouragement, and great advice. I got caught up with school for a while but now I am back. Thanks again!!!!

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi JWT,

Great post and welcome too!

Yes, Jesus is key as several other posters mention. Do your own research. Invite the Holy Spirit to guide you when you read the bible (make sure you use anything but the NWT).

John 16:13 (New International Version)

13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

Let Him counsel you, not the blind guides of the WT!

John 15:26 (New International Version)

26 "When the Counselor comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father, he will testify about me.

I cannot imagine what it might be like to be cut off from family and friends but this might help you.

Mark 10:28-30 (New International Version)

28 Peter said to him, "We have left everything to follow you!"

29 "I tell you the truth," Jesus replied, "no one who has left home or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or fields for me and the gospel 30 will fail to receive a hundred times as much in this present age (homes, brothers, sisters, mothers, children and fields—and with them, persecutions) and in the age to come, eternal life.

All the best,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit