Happy to finally join the family

by JustWantTruth 42 Replies latest jw friends

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

Welcome JWT!

Your life is going to go thru a flood of emotions, PLEASE post your concerns on here as you will need the support.

Your friend

DV

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Welcome

• undercover
    undercover

Welcome to the board...

You're experience is so similar to many others here.

Good luck on your journey to freedom...

• hubert
    hubert

Welcome, JWT !

Well, your first post, and already you taught ME something. (I love "newbies").

I collect all of the material that I can find that the Watchtower reverses on, from their own writings.

Thanks to you, I have another one......(Revelation 22:6 and Revelation 22:16). This is excellent. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I don't have time right now to read all your post, but I will later tonight.

Hubert

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome!!!

Yes, leaving the ones we love behind is always the most heart-breaking thing (which is why they isolate and punish they way they do in the first place, so no one will leave.) I have had these heartbreaks in my life, too, but you must be strong and patient. Sometimes, these things really DO resolve themselves... and statistics strongly suggest that your little nephew will one day leave the organization himself. Somehow, you must let him know that you will ALWAYS be there for him if he needs you (even if he is forbidden to talk to you.) He will remember this.

Love, strength and welcome to you.
    Baba.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Hello! It's great to have you here, thanks for sharing your story.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

welcome JWT....

Snakes ()

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Welcome, JustWantTruth!

~Sue

• wobble
    wobble

Welcome JWT! thanks for posting your biog. I am sure you will get much love and support and great advice here,as I have.

I can see for me that I will be parted from my many little relatives if they, (the family under Dub influence) have their way.

I am taking the tack at the moment that my Wife and I have not changed as people,we still love them as we did,and we will never say anything "spiritual" to the little ones that cannot be found plainly in God's Word.

I don't think this will be enough for the family though,they are SO under the influence of the Cult.

Anyway Keep Smiling! and keep us informed of progress.

Lots of love,and welcome again!

Wobble and wife.

• oompa
    oompa
    JustWantTruth: I laughed and recalled hearing something about the society restoring God's name where it was taken out. I thought that maybe they had just made a mistake here so I did research first on the WT library then outside and to my shock found that not only did they add the name Jehovah 237 time but there was absolutely NO textual support for doing so in the greek or any of the other manuscripts. I started doing additional research and found how they have tried so hard to downplay the significance and deity of Jesus and I just felt that it was pathetic.

First.... Welcome Welcome Welcome!!...and I am glad I have made you laugh a bit...it helps me too.

Secondly......I get credit for laughs but not the material above?!?!??!?....GOOD GRIEF!...that was my deal breaker too, and have posted more about that than any other poster for a year i am sure. If you want a years worth of research material about that pm me.

Thirdly.... obviously i can so relate to the family issue and you may have done damage that will take awhile to fix.....i was too vocal and angry for a year, or too argumentative....it is hard to stop...how can we "hide our (newfound) light under a basket?".......tone it down asap and just claim that your faith is weak and you do not want to become a "lost sheep" (and who did?)...i would quickly make a plea to all family but ESP you brother that you fit the category a recent WT mentioned, those with weak faith or driftoffers...."Jesus did not reject Peter but you are going to reject me over having doubts for the first time in my LIFE?!?!...where is the love in that?....I love you all and especially my Nephew and it would devastate me if you would cut me out of your lives for just having weak faith".......i say that be cause I would not even have had to say anything like that if i had toned it down a TON during my wake up.......good luck dear!

Fourthly....YOU LUCKY BASTARD (bitch just doesn't fit as well)!!......A college degree is about to happen!...Always thank your parents if they helped, or even if they did not oppose you....you got lucky there girl...now if you have not done a profile get busy......later........oomps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit