People finding this site...

by metaspy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    I only wish the official site would drop off the first page, hopefully back about 500 pages or more, while all the apostate sites take up the first 500 pages or so.

It's okay for the official site to be the top choices...as long as sites critical to their teachings/practices are easily available as well.

If only "apostate" sites were the main choices available, it could actually have the opposite effect. You see so much against them, someone could start to want to defend the underdog.

I'd prefer that anyone curious about JWs, or worse, wanting to learn more because they're thinking of becoming involved with them, take the time to research both the WT's own site and sites that oppose them.

It's kinda like shopping for a car. I'll go to the manufacturer's site to check out specs/options/pricing, but then I'll go to other independant sites to research quality and owner reviews. Too many bad reviews and I'll re-think my desire for that particular model.

Hopefully people would do that when researching any group that makes promises as does a lot of religions like Mormons, JWs and other off-the-beaten-path groups. And I think in the developed countries they are. People are learning more about JWs on-line than they ever could before. That's why membership is down in these areas. It's too easy to look up the shit about 'em and say, "um, no thanks. I don't need this..."

• hubert
    hubert

I also noticed that when this site had started, I tried typing in "JWN", and came up with another site that would screw up my computer. So, new people may have a problem coming to this site if they use that for a search. I never had a problem using "JWD", when it was the jwd site.

So, that could be affecting how many people come in here, new and old.

Hubert

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I always type "JW board". This is the first site that appears.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit