People finding this site...

by metaspy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• metaspy
    metaspy

Hello,

It has been a while since I have come here.

I noticed the other day that when I searched for Jehovah's witnesses, the first page in Google was almost all pro JW pages, or at the very least neutral, stating only non-controversial facts.

It wasn't until page 2 that JWN (is that how this site is reffered to? or is it still JWD?) actually showed in the results.

I seem to remember that JWD ranked on first page, as that is how I found it.

Is it worth trying to get this site on page 1 for Jehovahs witnesses? Do people find the site anyway?

What is the most used search term to get here?

Just wondering,

Metaspy

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Probably "stupid cults"

• oompa
    oompa

how and why did we drop off like that?...we used to be the number two spot on page one and even that pissed me off.........oompa

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

There is some semi-sophisticated way to manipulate the search engine so that it will yield the results in a way that is skewed toward the manipulator's interest.

I think the BORG has probably figured that out and may have launched their own internet attack against the ENTERPRISE.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Could it have anything to do with the reduced usage of this site?

Even us regulars haven't logged here as much lately.

Maybe when it gets busier, it will get upper billing...??

Not such a horrible for questioning witnesses to find us on page, though. They may build a little strength when the google and find that the internet is not ALL bad against them. Then, when they do stumble on JWN, they may be a little shocked but not so quick to shut off the computer.

-Aude.

• metaspy
    metaspy

I think that maybe this being a new domain might be working against the site.

Link building wouldn't hurt though.

edit: side note - you only have 51 external links according to yahoo site explorer - definitely could use some more.

Twitter, facebook, blogs are all good sources for links.

• Simon
    Simon

The number of indexed pages is slowly building up again on Google which will help. Changing domain and URLs was a big thing but I think in the long run it will be much better and was worth taking a temporary hit to do.

External links to the site do help so any good links to us from blogs etc... are nice.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I only wish the official site would drop off the first page, hopefully back about 500 pages or more, while all the apostate sites take up the first 500 pages or so.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I'll tell you how I got here. It was by google-ing my circuit overseer's name. Come to find out a lot of people thought he was just as arrogant a prick as I did. So type into your search engines: "Randy Letcher". You'll learn more about this organization in a year than most Dubs do in a lifetime.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Wiz,

That's not going to happen. All of the search engines will always put up an organizaiton's official home page and related pages at the top of the list.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit