...Were you ever happy,a Jehovah`s Witness was Dead?...

by OUTLAW 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OK My father was never a JW and my parents were separated and living in different provinces but he was abusive to everyone. JW or not I was not happy but relieved that he was dead. He could no longer hurt anyone.

My mother, the JW --- I think I will feel the same - relief that she can't hurt her family anymore and regret for the loss of a mother - the caring mother that I never had.

Years ago after I was DFed my mother workied in the same town - just minutes by car from where I lived. She never came to visit - well twice she came: once when my brother was visiting from Toronto and once after I called her to come visit her first great grand-daughter.

The first time my brother and I were talking about the past and I recounbted a story of something that she had done. It wasn't nice. At the end she said she wasn't a good mother sometimes. That was usually my cue to step in and defend her bysaying "It's OK. You did the best you could." I just couldn't do it so my response was No sometimes you weren't. You could have cut the air it was so silent.

The second time she came and announced that she only came because the people at work were beginning to wonder why she hadn't seen the baby yet. So she came to get them off her back. Thanks mom. She held the baby not cradles in her arms but laying with the baby's head at her knees and her feet towards her. She must have lasted a whole 2 minutes before she picked the baby up and handed her back to me saying "Here, she's your grandchild". She didn't stay long.

When she moved to another province I was saddened but also relieved. Emotionally it was easier to live with her being over 1000 km away than 11 km. I suspect her death will be the same. Unfortunately the women in my family live well into their 90s so I can expect to wait another 20 years.

Will she change? I doubt it. And I've given up hope on it. She has always been a stranger to me, both as a child (I lived away from her for 6 years as a child) and as an adult.

AS for other people, if they were abusive I'll just be relieved they can't hurt people anymore

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Holy Cheese`s..There are many people who feel the same as you.....I can`t help but notice your avatar..Does the rest of your family look like you?..LOL!................................................................................................Big Tex..Chris you had to put up with some unbelievable abuse..Guards to keep you out of your moms funeral?..Those people know no limits........I understand you being relieved she died..The same happened to me with a JW relative..They can`t continueosly meddle in your life any more..That is a relief!..

Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LadyLee..You have lived with a lot of pain..Your strength is an inspiration..Dispite everything you have gone through,your always there to help............Your mom sounds so cold,it`s painful to read..It must be a lot worse for you.......Neither Big Tex or myself were happy our relatives died..But..It was a relief...........I believe it will probably be the same for you..20 years is a long time to wait though..LOL!!

Clint Eastwood...OUTLAW

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

However...if all of the governing body members dropped dead today, I doubt I would shed a tear over it.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

oh outlaw I'm a very patient woman

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hi BT nice to see we both will feel relief I know where you are coming from

• dinah
    dinah

The elder that "ran me outta town" dropped dead of a heart attack at a District Convention. I laughed.

• undercover
    undercover

I tend to judge people based on their personal actions and words, not their religious or political affliation or some other identifying group.

There have been a few people that have died that prompted me to say "good riddance to bad rubbish". Actually I can count on one hand the people that I felt that way about. So far none of them have been JWs. However, there is one JW elder when he dies, I may dance on his grave and burn an effigy to celebrate...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit