The Secret Pioneer School Manual

by WuzLovesDubs 40 Replies latest jw friends

• SuspiciousMinds
    SuspiciousMinds

I can confirm that they let you keep it. I've thrown out a lot of stuff, but I still have the pioneer book because it makes me feel "elite."

When I flip through it, I can't believe how many notes I've written in the margins referring to "life-saving work". I must have thought I was pretty important.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Looking at my book I did not do all my homework and .......did you guys sign the back page and write encouraging crap like...."Jehover bless you and your service......blah blah signed brother Witness 007.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I recall they took my book for the ministry school from me when they DFed me

glad to know the books are still out there waiting to show up on the internet

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

"Now when an elder steps down or is removed, then they demand the elder manual back immediately."

That's right. 'Turning in the book' has become symbolic of stepping down as an elder. If removed, they demand it on the spot.

That's why I carry mine in my briefcase all the time, and I have reached for it a couple of times offering to resign if they keep giving me a hard time. Last time I did it it was to the CO, which really made him take a dump; he wasn't expecting it!

The "Pioneer" book ha snot made it's way to the internet simply beacuse is 200+ pages Our Kingdom Ministry... really boring!

• sir82
    sir82

winstonchurchill,

If you were really devious, you'd go to the filing cabinet, find an old Flock book from some other defrocked elder, and carry that one in your brief case. That way if/when you resign, you can hand that one in and still keep your original for future reference.

If you were devious, that is.

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

"

winstonchurchill,

If you were really devious,"

Sir82, As i mentioned in a previous post, I kept some Flock books when I stepped down as a CO, and have them at home (like 5 or 6). I guess that make sme potentially devious.

In any case, that book is on the internet, so no big deal. Only 'they' think it's secret

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

winstonchurchill...thanks for you contributions, nice to have an ex co on here. Look forward to some more info from you...

• SuspiciousMinds
    SuspiciousMinds

winstonchurchill:

I agree that it's cool to have an ex-CO here. Are you still serving as an elder? Can you relate your story, or have you already and I missed it?

• sir82
    sir82
    that book is on the internet

True...but if you are trying to make a point with a JW, they'd more likely accept it if it was from the original book. What with the interwebs being a "resting place of goat-shaped demons" and all that.

Plus the marginal notes of things they dare not put into print don't always make it into the online versions.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

yeah, i agree that giving those books to those who "deserve" them is nothing more than hanging a carrot in front of a rabbit. There is nothing special in the per se, its just the idea that you've made "level 2"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit