The Secret Pioneer School Manual

by WuzLovesDubs 40 Replies latest jw friends

• keeshondgirl
    keeshondgirl

yea, the book isn't at all that special. My husband didn't understand why pioneers only get them when everyone is a servant of Jehovah and would all want to benefit and make more of the ministry. its like the pioneers hours and what they do with their time is more important then any one else. when i went to the school, i was up for hours doing all the homework and looking up the scriptures, then there were people in my congregation in that class who got other pioneers books from the previous year and got to copy all their information. nice. I guess since I didn't like to go to their pioneer get togethers and gossip about others and go to dunkin donuts and go shopping while out in service then I wasn't really 'accepted' as a pioneer yet. I still had some 'requirements' to fulfill to be part of their SPECIAL CLUB. when i got off the list the elders told me I should keep a high number of hours still and aux. pioneer and to encourage others to pioneer because of the great time i had. yea...such great time...actually if i didnt' pioneer my eyes never would have been opened to how naive i was and how phony everyone really is.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    It's no biggie. After all, they give it to SISTERS so how special can it be?!

Best comment on the subject above.

I went. I found the entire school to be a service meeting, as mentioned already. It was not about improving the quality of preaching to be more like Jesus. It was about being more like the WTS wants you to be. It was about being good at finding stuff in the WT literature.

I got my book. I don't ever remember refering to it. I couldn't tell you where I set it down all those years ago. It's probably been in a box for 11 or 12 years now.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I went to the Pioneerâ„¢ school in 1986 and had the book. I don't remember any "secrets" in it. It was little more than a condensed version of the same old tripe.

W

• undercover
    undercover

So much for a "worldwide united brotherhood".

The publications will preach to the world how united the witnesses are. One faith, one brotherhood, etc. That's what they want everyone to see, including the dupes at the Kingdom Hall.

But look closer and you see a true caste system. Starting with the Governing Body, then Bethel heavies, missionaries, bethelites, traveling overseers, special pioneers, elders, ministerial servants, pioneers and then the rank and file publishers. Each group has it's own meetings and privileges. Some even have their own books and seperate instructions.

(I purposely left out the anointed due to recent comments that have demoted them to nothing more than a glorified publisher. Getting to sip wine and nibble crackers once a year is their one privilege - unless they're a member of one of the other clubs)

It's a religious pyramid scheme...

• SuspiciousMinds
    SuspiciousMinds

I have my book from the Pioneer School I attended about 6 or 7 years ago. The school was very long and boring (missed out on 2 weeks work), and the book was nothing special.

The one positive thing that came from Pioneer School: this was when I finally realized that the WTS teaches that only baptized JWs in good standing and their children will survive Armageddon. I've always suspected this, but like most JWs I didn't want to believe it. My doubts started at this point so some good came from Pioneer School.

SM

• winstonchurchill
    winstonchurchill

I have it. BTW, I have a few. See, I was a CO and served as instructor like for 10 schools; and never returned some leftover books (Same with some KS91 that I kept).

This 'SECRET' stuff is crap pulled by those who want to feel empowered and have something to show off, like they are part of a special group. Since I HATE those people so much, thats why I would always fight the 'seceret book' myth. I even have a letter (back form my CO days) where WTS clarified this.

The OFFICIAL position is that the Pioneer School Book is not secret. I always made a point at the very beggining of each school, stressing that the book was not secret. it was intended for Pioneers, but that didn't mean it was secret. They were encouraged to share it and even study some lessons with others (e.g. someone you were encouraging to become a pioneer).

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Now this is one I don't think has made its way to the internet. I suppose once you are no longer a pionner they take it away from you

• Nowman
    Nowman

I went to pioneer school in 91 or 92 in Northern Illinois, I don't remember a manual, but I remember it was like going to a meeting for 2 straight weeks, or was it one week??

I enjoyed pioneer school because I had some friends in the school with me, and I also got away from my strict JW parents.

Nikki

• sir82
    sir82
    I suppose once you are no longer a pionner they take it away from you

No they let you keep it.

Now when an elder steps down or is removed, then they demand the elder manual back immediately.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I suppose once you are no longer a pionner they take it away from you

No, not at all. It has no strategies for faking repentance or rules for forming JC's.
    It's not that secret. They just let you keep it, so you can refer to it and figure out how to increase your service to WTS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit