Leonard Cohen in Concert Last Week at 74 - This Man has Still Got It!!

by Seeker4 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Sorry, Black Sheep. I was not familiar with the reference and took it as a personal slam. Accept my apology and thanks for introducing me to Cohen's fiction. I'll take the ass monikor on for the moment!

Outlaw, I'm sure he was there at the monastary on several occasions, shorter and longer, and will likely be again.

Thanks for the note, SYF.

"You came to me this morning / And you handled me like meat / You'd have to be a man to know / How good that feels, how sweet" A Thousand Kisses Deep. I'm memorizing this poem.

S4

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I love Cohen..just started getting hubby interested in him. sammieswife.

• shamus100
    shamus100

I"m going to see him in Calgary.

Have you ever read Beautiful Losers? Wild!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Beautiful Losers is one of my favorite books.

• shamus100
    shamus100

BS,

It is pretty bizarre and disturbing at the same time. I really don't know what kind of mind could come up with that storyline.

He also has a wonderful book called Stranger Music. It's a nice read if you can handle poetry.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Just going to ask if any one had read Beautiful Losers.

I used to model for a figure painter in his 70s and he recommended it to me.

K

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hi Kudra,

It was very hip in the 70's, so I've heard. I'm sure there was a watchtower about it somewhere out there at one point.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I read Beautiful Losers about 30 years ago.

I still get great enjoyment from the images he created in my head all those years ago.

There is a copy for sale on a local auction site. I am tempted to bid for it as I lent my copy to someone who left town with it. Unfortunately, at least four other people want it too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit