Would you die for someone else?

by LouBelle 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My daughter, my granddaughter, my mom and even my exwife. Instinct also takes hold of a person too. So who knows who else?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I'm already dying for someone else...my taxes are killing me!!

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

I would hope if someone was in danger and I could help them by pushing them out of the way and not die that would be acceptable. Not sure I have anyone I love that much anymore that I would die for them. Quirky once again, you made me laugh! You are very cleaver.

Kit

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I would die for my wife and son without a doubt.

BTS

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I'm already dying for someone else...my taxes are killing me!!

You know what they say about death and taxes quirky.....

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am very sure that I would go as far as I could to save the life of even a stranger.
    If my efforts resulted in my death, then I am okay with that.

I would volunteer to be the first hostage shot instead of anyone else.

I just feel that I could live with myself best if I know that I did all that I could for
    another life. I don't feel as comfortable thinking about how I would say, "If only
    I had tried."

• parakeet
    parakeet

I would unhesitatingly throw myself in front of a bus if it meant saving a member of my family.

I'd like to think I'd do the same for a child unknown to me, but I can't be 100% sure.

For an adult stranger, not sure. Although I agree with OnTheWayOut -- I'm not sure I could live with myself if I didn't at least try.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

yes.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

...On second thought....NO!

There is really a lack of detail here and circumstances that would have to be considered.

What your question means to you might be something different than what it means to me.

I wouldn't volunteer to be a PROXY human sacrifice for some cult ritual!

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Cant really say- haven't done it yet! but I can say with confidence that I wouldn't want to be the person who ever trys to harm my children, my reasoning ability goes out the window and my basic human instincts to protect my family kick in. I think thats another reason I probably would not have made a good JW- thou shall not fuk wid my family and get away with it

But all that aside- Iam a lover, not a fighter- well, most of the time!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit