Newbie here with questions.

by AjaxMan 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

>"I just hope she doesn't think that because I am "worldly" that means that I am evil(from their mindset)."<

If she's a true blue JW, yes she believes this. But evil people have their uses, you know.

What you would really find helpful is the Watchtower cd rom--almost any year will do (93, 95, 97, and 99 so far with one due out soon, with extremely limited, tightly controlled circulation I've been told) In their own words, in their own literature and on their own cd-rom release, read what they think of non-JW's----

In fact, just recently, read what they think even of JW's who don't accept EVERY SINGLE ONE of their own beliefs. You guessed it--they all gonna die, die, die. (not worded quite so strongly, of course!!)

* http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=12111&site=3

>First, since 'oneness' is to be observed, a mature Christian must be in unity and full harmony with fellow believers as far as faith and knowledge are concerned. He does not advocate or insist on personal opinions or harbor private ideas when it comes to Bible understanding. Rather, he has complete confidence in the truth as it is revealed by Jehovah God through his Son, Jesus Christ, and 'the faithful and discreet slave.' By regularly taking in the spiritual food provided 'at the proper time' through Christian publications, meetings, assemblies, and conventions¡we can be sure that we maintain oneness with fellow Christians in faith and knowledge.<

>Second, the expression 'the faith' refers, not to the conviction that each individual Christian professes, but to the totaloity of our belief, 'the breadth and length and height and depth' of it. (Ephesians 3:18; 4:5; Collosians 1:23. 2:7) In fact, how can a Christian be in oneness with fellow believers if he only believes or accepts a certain part of 'the faith'? <

So if this is how the JW's feel about their own, can you just imagine how they feel about YOU?

Do I hear 'birdfood' anyone?

Yes, there are good people in all religions.

Need a cd? email me.

Oh and...welcome to the board. I'm sure you will find much to contribute to all of us. Please keep us updated on things..?

• Bang
    Bang

Hi AjaxMan,
    It struck a chord with me when you wrote,

When she is acting so nice and personable with everyone, is she just acting?
    Is her being nice just a "facade"?
    Is her being nice and friendly just a way to try to convert people?
    I'd like to know because I do love my friends and I certainly don't want fakes. Since she's a JW, I don't know what her true intentions are.

It's funny that, isn't it. It's like saying, "Because you joined yourself to people I can't trust, I never know what's really on your mind."
    I often wonder how it is that Christ says, "...I don't know who you are". I'm sure it's not any sort of insult, but simply a matter of fact in regard to the intentions of the heart. If she is intent on jwism, be careful.

Bang

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit