Any News on Pioneer Hrs Decreasing or Whether COs will be Ending?

by Seeker4 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

A few months ago there were some fairly authoritative threads that the Pioneer hours were being decreased. That has not happened. Does anyone know why not?

Also, there was a thread that the CO arrangement was going to be dramatically changed in the next year or two, and I got some private notes from some excellent sources attesting to that. It seems the COs were being disbanded and visits to congregations would be done by a local elder from time to time. What is the latest info on that? I haven't always kept up with those threads,as I can no longer get past page 1 on my work computer!

S4

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Seeker I'm going to re-post what I put on this thread a week or so ago:

In this thread last July a poster called Ernie said the following:

Although not officially in the public domain , my understanding is that COs will not be given a new assignment after their existing one ends on Aug 31st 2009. Each CO has been sworn to confidentiality on this matter. WTS still working on the details & many COs annoyed at lack of information. Still some question about whether all will be reassigned as special pioneers - looks like each CO will be treated on a case by case basis. Those who have a home are being "encouraged" to return there. Some COs are already sorting their futures out & have come off or will be by end of service year.

Transitionally , the foreign language circuits are already in the process of being disbanded and will be serviced by existing COs from 1.9.08. No new substitute COs are being recruited.

I heard from an impeccable source recently that this process is well underway here. I have heard of a number of COs coming off the circuit work recently and they have been replaced by foreign language COs. The foreign language circuits have for the most part been disbanded.

MM.

If the CO changes are going ahead, I don't think there will be any more word of it until the summer. I would give more weight to the CO rumour than the pioneer hours change, for a couple of reasons.

1. The pioneer hours rumour was known generally amongst the r&f.

2. I have heard from one or two people that they have heard news of the CO changesdirectly from CO's/DO's. I can't see them saying this unless they knew something firm. This still isn't generally known about amongst the r&f.

Just my two cents.

• besty
    besty

The OP on the CO story heard it from a current serving DO - I have no reason to believe this is just a rumour.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Very interesting stuff. I predicted this ages ago you know.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I bet you invented the question mark too, didn't you sbf?

Oh wait, I forgot, that was Minimus....

ROFL 9

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Oh ye of little faith:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/156897/1/Next-big-announcement-All-Circuirt-Overseers-Sacked

Show me someone else who predicted it earlier. Bet you can't find any! (Insert smug smiley face here - I miss the old emoticons...)

• besty
    besty

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/158643/1/The-End-of-Circuit-Overseers 19th May 2008 Scotsman

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/150690/4/News-from-Mother-ship 22nd April 2008 jeffreywhat

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/156897/1/Next-big-announcement-All-Circuirt-Overseers-Sacked 22nd April 208 slimboyfat

all the above posters based in Scotland and posting within a few weeks (same day) as each other.....conspiracy....LOL

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Thanks for the links and info. I was talking with my JW ex-wife about this today. I was wrong on the Pioneer hours, so I'm very wary on this one.

S4

• wobble
    wobble

Slimboyfat sounds as satisfied with his predictions as the Russelites,Bible Students,WBT$, were with 1914, O.K if they came true.but have they?

NOT YET!

I wonder if some rumours are planted on here so we lose credibility?

Love

Wobble

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

You calling me a plant? Or a failed prophet. Hey I only had an idea it might be the next move to get rid of full-time COs. If it turns out fine and well. I made no claims to inside knowledge. I had nothing to do with the discredited rumours about pioneer hours.

And besty what's this about slimboyfat being in Scotland? My avatar clearly shows I am hiding out in Afghanistan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit